HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Discussion
Dusted off my DJI F450 FPV quad after 6 months and took it for a flight

I used to be here all the time and helped some people when I was into the DJI quads.
I haven't flown my quad in 6 months because of moving and been really busy at work. I even forgot what switches did the GPS/ATTI/Manual, IOC, and Failsafe and had to plug the quad into the computer to see what the switches were.

I made a couple changes to the quad and moved the battery on the bottom and the video TX on top to see if I got better picture quality. Some guys told me that using the GoPro as the FPV camera degrades the quality.
I couldn't find any tiny legs for clearance of the battery so I used the plastic inserts from our dogs poo bags and zip tied them on and they work great.

I'm going to try and add a dedicated FPV camera and use the GoPro to record only and see if I get better quality. And maybe also switch from 900mhz to 1.3.

I was very lucky and never had any jello, I used sorbothane between the camera and bottom plate of the quad.
I removed the sorbothane and mounted the GoPro directly to the quad with sticky tape to make it look cleaner and not have to strap it on.

I'm really pleased that there's no jello. I have almost 100 flights on the quad and Graupners and it's pretty smooth.

It was raining last night so I had to test fly it in the house. This thing is super smooth. I have a new set of Graupners and may put them on just to have new props again. I don't know how long the Graupners last.

DJI F450 test with GoPro no anti vibration (1 min 11 sec)

jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
to remove ads between posts