HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:27 AM
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,519 Posts
skymaxy is offline Find More Posts by skymaxy
Last edited by skymaxy; Dec 15, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:38 AM
RC = Empty wallet
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2005
356 Posts
Wow very unlucky! Hope HK refund you, I'm sure a paypal dispute would wake them up if they try to sneak out of this one (Assuming you paid via paypal) I look forward to the reply and outcome of this situation, good luck!
InvalidUsername is offline Find More Posts by InvalidUsername
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:48 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,519 Posts
Yes i used PAYPAL and I will not be give up or be fobbed off by CS staff who seem specially trained to do that. If I dont get action i WILL report them to PAYPAL for supplying a product that, "is unfit for the purpose for which it was purchased".
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:02 AM
Hundredaire
Newcastle Australia
Joined Oct 2008
1,356 Posts
So did you give them a chance to make it right before you slagged them off on the Internet ?
mams1 is online now Find More Posts by mams1
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:15 AM
Registerd Beaver
Australia, WA, Warwick
Joined Jul 2003
3,557 Posts
Smokin' Beaver is offline Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:50 AM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1 View Post
So did you give them a chance to make it right before you slagged them off on the Internet ?

indeed......

I have to say, whilst it is a bummer that they sent you a complete ready to fly plane for $80.....(try doing that only a few years ago) that will certainly have some trimming/flying issues, IMHO your letter to them isn't really the way to go about it. The problem with demands and threats in your letter, and then posting it online before they even have a chance to do something about it....or not........ is like poking a cow in the eye, it usually serves no purpose, and it annoys the hell out of the cow.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:15 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,462 Posts
Theres a lizard on your front door and your worried about a little F86?
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:51 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,532 Posts
Having lived in Hong Kong for 4 years I dont think your letter will get treated with any respect though it may be pinned up on the canteen noticeboard for a laugh. Oh and its offensive to the blind. Sometimes 2 minutes fixing with a scalpel and foam friendly CA is a better approach.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:15 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,802 Posts
Just Paypal dispute and save the heartache.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:51 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
2,959 Posts
Gawd, if I received an email like that as first contact, I'd give that customer the biggest runaround they'd ever had. Even hk cs deserves a bit of respect (to start with). Good luck dude but I wouldn't be surprised if you snookered yourself right there.
gizzo is offline Find More Posts by gizzo
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,122 Posts
Right there is the reason why businesses get out of retail. What a whingeing and petulant post, absolutely guaranteed to achieve the complete opposite of the author's intentions. Good luck... not
Tonystott is online now Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
Mandurah, WA, Australia
Joined Jun 2002
139 Posts
Yeah, never heard of glue? If it was crushed you might get some sympathy, but complaining that you can't straighten a tail is not!
skyfox is online now Find More Posts by skyfox
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:23 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,455 Posts
Never seen anyone take a photo of a box at the front door before... ?
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:36 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,804 Posts
I'm pretty sure the pic of the door with box photo was to prove it wasn't freight damage......that lizard is a bit funky though!

But yeah, a bit of heat, maybe a slice and re-glue, problem solved. It just aint worth getting all stressed about an $80 plane. Now if you are stressing about making sure you don't end up with a dodgy $20K roof on your house, and the solving of said issues, then I'm all ears. After you stress about something like that, you tend to re-evaluate what's worth getting in a huff about.

I know what you mean about that it shouldn't be like that, and you are right, but it is.......That's the drawbacks of cheap chinese labour.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:08 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,519 Posts
HK have undertaken to examine the model which is fair, i was unreasonable and not wise in posting when i was very tired and sick.

Your support is appreciated and your objections are too.
Closed Thread