HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:01 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,682 Posts
You need a 7 channel system. 6 won't give you what you need. Sorry.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:03 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garielond View Post
Hi, i just setup my Trex 600 FBL and did everything on the assistant said...followed the videos also. ...i did already the manual mode flight and calibrated the auto trim... everything is going smoothly. then i decided to out and calibrate the gps...i went fine without any problem...then now after doing that i power cycled again the heli and tried to fly it.. first on manual mode...everything is fine all steady and tail holding amazingly great ...then now i i went up like 8 meters or so and switched to atti. mode then suddendly the heli went straight down...i managed to switched back to manual mode a couple of feet down but it went really fast luckily i softened the decent and it just bounced a couple of times and touched slightly the tail blades. then after reading again the manbual and the software instructions i lowered the vertical gain value to 65% since i only setup my heli to 11 degree pitch....after that i tried it again....i went like 10 meters high just in case then switched again to atti. mode and now it shoots up suddenly.

any idea why is this happening? i am pretty nervous now on doing anything until i get some answer why is this happening. all you suggestion will be greatly apprec iated.

thank you!
It sounds that there is something wrong with the Baro sensor, or the Z axis of your GPS is off. Can you show a picture of your set up and the GPS axis settings.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:56 AM
United States, CA, Marin County
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Thanks for the info, Ed. But I'm afraid that still doesn't explain some of the weird behavior I that the model was exhibiting when I connected the Naza and ran through the setup. It could be because of some setting in the radio, or I might have connected something incorrectly.

1) In the Calibration section, the program didn't recognize rudder input. I assumed there was a problem with the rudder connection somewhere between the Rx and Naza, but when i reached the "Tail" section of the setup, the tail servo moved with my stick inputs.

2) In the "Calibration" section, the program recognized and accurately reflected my aileron, elevator and pitch inputs. But when I reached the "Servo" and "Feedback" sections, the servos didn't move with stick inputs.

Is it possible that these issues (among others) are all tied to the fact that I don't have the correct radio?

I guess my best bet might be to get the 9X and add Dragonlink when I can afford it. Are there any other relative inexpensive solutions that might work well for me?
wtl0715 is offline Find More Posts by wtl0715
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:33 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtl0715 View Post
Thanks for the info, Ed. But I'm afraid that still doesn't explain some of the weird behavior I that the model was exhibiting when I connected the Naza and ran through the setup. It could be because of some setting in the radio, or I might have connected something incorrectly.

1) In the Calibration section, the program didn't recognize rudder input. I assumed there was a problem with the rudder connection somewhere between the Rx and Naza, but when i reached the "Tail" section of the setup, the tail servo moved with my stick inputs.

2) In the "Calibration" section, the program recognized and accurately reflected my aileron, elevator and pitch inputs. But when I reached the "Servo" and "Feedback" sections, the servos didn't move with stick inputs.

Is it possible that these issues (among others) are all tied to the fact that I don't have the correct radio?

I guess my best bet might be to get the 9X and add Dragonlink when I can afford it. Are there any other relative inexpensive solutions that might work well for me?
It is hard to say without seeing you set up and screen shots of the issues you are experiencing.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:42 PM
United States, NY, Moravia
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Hi, i just setup my Trex 600 FBL and did everything on the assistant said...followed the videos also. ...i did already the manual mode flight and calibrated the auto trim... everything is going smoothly. then i decided to out and calibrate the gps...i went fine without any problem...then now after doing that i power cycled again the heli and tried to fly it.. first on manual mode...everything is fine all steady and tail holding amazingly great ...then now i i went up like 8 meters or so and switched to atti. mode then suddendly the heli went straight down...i managed to switched back to manual mode a couple of feet down but it went really fast luckily i softened the decent and it just bounced a couple of times and touched slightly the tail blades. then after reading again the manbual and the software instructions i lowered the vertical gain value to 65% since i only setup my heli to 11 degree pitch....after that i tried it again....i went like 10 meters high just in case then switched again to atti. mode and now it shoots up suddenly.

any idea why is this happening? i am pretty nervous now on doing anything until i get some answer why is this happening. all you suggestion will be greatly apprec iated.

thank you!
check the system feedback in assistent software, I think something wrong in setup directions.
abidali69 is offline Find More Posts by abidali69
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Hey guys. I hope you are doing well....

So I just set up my 6th NAZA (3m/3h) and am having issues with my tail (and I havnt even flown it off the ground).

Problem= upon spool up tail just begins to spin, like tail does a 360 around the body...it just does donuts on the driveway. The tail stick imputs do nothing. Throttle up increase rpm, but nothing from the rudder.

The tail servo passed the setup- feedback test= moved quickly in the right direction). Connection is in the correct rudder port, ground wire up,. All else looks right, of course Gyro gain in my Fubata 8FG is at 40% (played with higher and % and it did nothing at all, didnt go lower because 40% seemed so low (now that i type this i feel like i should have at least tried it).

Any ideas??
THANKS
Bbechtel is offline Find More Posts by Bbechtel
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:19 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,682 Posts
Check the servo settings. Make sure that you have specified the proper frequency. The other thing that you can check is the mechanical connection. Make sure that there are no binds in the shaft. You can also adjust the mechanical connection to counteract the rotation. But I would do the other stuff first.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
Quote:

thank you!
The vertical sensor is reversed, because you can not change this you must reverse your throttle from software and from your transmiter both , so that they agree with they vertical sensor (barometer) i had the same problem, it tries to correct in the wrong direction this is why it is jump up in the air the moment you switch to atti or GPS, or forces it self on the ground at high speed. I thought my naza was broken, but after some reading i got it work like a charm.
ubhae is offline Find More Posts by ubhae
Old Sep 23, 2013, 02:46 AM
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Naza H

I am flying a trex 500 with dx 10

Went through set up, heli sits well on manual but shoots off right and down when put in att. Or GPS. Also keeps loosing the bind on the spectrum 8 channel receiver.

Does anybody have any ideas please?
Nabs is offline Find More Posts by Nabs
Old Nov 03, 2013, 07:36 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
765 Posts
I went through the setups from scratch to try resolving a problem. Mine was dipping in atti/GPS mode too. The last setup had everything moving in the right direction, but when I went to atti mode with motor off, then tilt left it would auto correct the opposite direction. I must have things reversed. But it flies correctly after reversing the last page in the setup. The animated pictures are backwards but it flies correctly.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old Dec 16, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubhae View Post
The vertical sensor is reversed, because you can not change this you must reverse your throttle from software and from your transmiter both , so that they agree with they vertical sensor (barometer) i had the same problem, it tries to correct in the wrong direction this is why it is jump up in the air the moment you switch to atti or GPS, or forces it self on the ground at high speed. I thought my naza was broken, but after some reading i got it work like a charm.
Hi there.
How can you tell if the vertical sensor is reversed and you have to reverse throttle in software and transmitter when everything looks like it is working the correct way in the software setup. Had some guys at my heliclub test my machine for first flight. None of us had used the NAZA before, mainly beast x flyers, and as soon as the copter was flipped into atti it forced itself to the ground. Machine now re-built and ready to test again but want to avoid the above again.
Kat
katya is offline Find More Posts by katya
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:09 PM
Australia, WA, Bunbury
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a NAZA H and the setup of the Naza itself seems pretty straight forward, can anyone offer guidance on setting up the TX.. I have a FRsky taranis.. and its not very clear on how to do the Single Servoe 90 deg setup ?

Can anyone offer assistance with this ?

thanks
slaterm61 is offline Find More Posts by slaterm61
Old Dec 24, 2013, 05:07 AM
Joined Dec 2012
765 Posts
I always put the heli in manual and check to see what the swash plate does as I manually tilt it on the bench, then switch to atti and do the same thing. If I tilt forward and the swash goes backward I'm good. You can also raise the heli and expect the swash to go down trying to autocorrect. You can also turn the heli and see if the tail goes in the right direction.

Before I knew how to tell I bought a huge lazy Susan from bed bath and beyond and put my trex 700 on it. When it started going the right way it stayed still and built my confidence.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 09:59 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,954 Posts
Ok, this may be a silly question but on the calibration screen when setting up throttle should the P and T be moving in same direction? My P slides right as throttle is increased and the T slides left as throttle is increased. If I reverse the throttle in my TX the both slide right as throttle is increased.
Also in the feedback screen everything works well but I get no response on the rudder feedback. Although it works fine in the Tail screen setup. Also, I have no rudder control once I switch back to the common screen. Any ideas what's going on? I'm using a Towerpro MG 995 analog servo. I plan on doing scale flying with this Trex600 CF with a Century 500MD Tow Defender body. Thanks

Kyle
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Last edited by gromitvt10; Mar 08, 2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:28 AM
Joined Dec 2012
765 Posts
This sounds complex. To keep things simple, it sounds like your tail servo is connected to the naza correctly if its responding to the naza software. How are you connecting your receiver to the naza? Sbus? Traditional? It sounds like the rudder control isn't making it into the naza.

As for the throttle I use a traditional receiver setup and send throttle straight to my ESC. The ESC is setup for governor mode so the headspeed is maintained at a constant speed no matter where the pitch is. I can also use throttle hold the way I want it. Governor mode is the easiest way I've seen to do it.