HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Dec 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
Hubsan Invader FPV

Hi guys, im new in RC and FPV but not so new in aviation (ATPL holder). Since im new into this i don't want to mess around and follow my instinct but i want to ask you guys since im sure u know much more than i do. K now let's get on:

Hubsan Invader:
Invader RC Helicopter with Built in FPV System Outdoor Flight (3 min 26 sec)

I found this heli to be easy for begginers and besides that it is equpped with camera. I saw some reviews that are looking quite commercialy based so im with reserve on those. I hope someone have expirience with this thing. Video range is written to be up to 100 meters which confuses me because it is same RC transmitter and camera like on their Spy Hawk FPV and it has range up to 600 meters (2500 feet). I would also like to know about endurance time ? Thank you
damirAERO is offline Find More Posts by damirAERO
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,261 Posts
First thing that came to mind when when i first saw that was "What about spare parts?"

Typical FPV setup are standard components that are easily replaced (bent tailboom, broken cross frames, fried ESCs, bent mainshafts) but are complicated to setup for FPV, you need a ton of research to educate yourself on it before buying your first part.

Hubsan is ready to fly out of the box, but it seems to be pretty vague regarding what to do if you crash it.

Walkera are coming out with their own RTF FPV (FPV micro quad?!) and parts for them are easy to find.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Dec 2012
15 Posts
Speaking about Walkera i just found WALKERA V200D03 with NEVO7 (or NEVO8) RC transmitter. Saler states that it's in perfect condition but need to replace tail servo (used heli). It's year 2012 model and price is 150 euros. I think i would rather go check out that Walkera which is located in my city than to buy this Hubsan model. Maybe im wrong, but this WALKERA just looks much more better and i have a guy who will give me instructions. I also found some FPV sets on HobbyKing. I hope that this Walkera model is ok for an FPV ??? :/
damirAERO is offline Find More Posts by damirAERO
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:50 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
The presence of a top mounted 45 offset flybar indicates this heli was made by one of the toy companies and is not hobby quality. None of the hobby companies make flybar models any more. So, expect problematic electronics, poor motors and way too much weight. I wouldn't touch it. Cameras and FPV gear works better on quads or large helis, less jello effect from vibration. Plus, small FP helis can't handle any wind and wind aloft is hard to recognize on the ground.

A V200D03 is not a beginner heli. For your location, your best bet is to buy a WL Toys V911 and learn to fly first, before worrying about FPV gear..
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:55 AM
CrashMaster
United Kingdom, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2012
118 Posts
Check out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619548 . The chap there has converted a Walkera Mini CP to FPV with some stunning success.
I would agree with Balr14 that you should first learn to fly a heli before trying to FPV it.
HuttonIt is offline Find More Posts by HuttonIt
Last edited by HuttonIt; Dec 15, 2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:17 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,910 Posts
FPV flying is all about getting up high, and far away.

Pulled from another website:
--Camera: 5 Megapixels --Live Video Distance: 50 to 100 Meters.

Like Balr14 said, this is a toy heli, yet here it is on Amazon for $450 ???

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...anadalajcbx-20

The short radio distance and 45 degree flybar give it away.

Good luck keeping it under control when it gets more then
50 feet up and gets hit with some gusts.

Heck, they couldn't even find a calm enough day to film,
it could barely handle the wind at ground level.

What makes it even worse, this guy is trying to sell a product.
He has tons of videos flying better equipment, and he knows
very well that this bird is garbage.

It's a $150 helicopter at best, and you are paying $300 for FPV that is only
good for 50 meters. What a horrible deal.

Alashanmao has no soul.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Dec 15, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,261 Posts
Review: Walkera Devo F7 FPV Radio with Hotten X (7 min 56 sec)
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Even their plane they make is a little spendy for what it is. So the video range is ONLY 150 feet?? Thought it would be a lot more than that for the intended purpose...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue