HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Great video's gatorb8, paradise is right

Love the rescue boat too, man I'd love one of those.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:32 PM
Registered Offender
gatorb8's Avatar
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Great video's gatorb8, paradise is right

Love the rescue boat too, man I'd love one of those.
thanks Avi!
rescue boat is a Hobie inflatable with pedal power, great for fishing to! Folds up and goes in the trunk of the car or on top inflated
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:42 PM
Registered Offender
gatorb8's Avatar
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,922 Posts
Well, I appear to be at a distinct advantage in the weather department so I hope you'all aren't grinding your teeth in the snow belt! Spring will come! Seems it's just here year round.
I found this sugar white groomed beach that I could not pass up!
The Paper Towels stuffed into the Polaris Ultra served me well today cause I've been goofin' off inverted which seems to pour all that saltwater through the cracks
Polaris Ultra on Sugar White Groomed sand at Quietwater Beach (5 min 6 sec)
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:42 PM
60 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,005 Posts
Great stuff. Thanks for the video (as we await windchill tonight approaching -40C/40 below F).

Where next on your itinerary of flyable Florida beaches?
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Northwest Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
2,682 Posts
Thanks for sharing the videos gatorb8! That is simply a great location to fly a Polaris! And you make it look good.

Scott
Model Aero is offline Find More Posts by Model Aero
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:33 PM
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,516 Posts
Nice video GATOR. All we have is ice at the moment so we will live thru you.
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:51 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
thanks Avi!
rescue boat is a Hobie inflatable with pedal power, great for fishing to! Folds up and goes in the trunk of the car or on top inflated

Wow they come in at about 2000 sterling. Very handy tool though.

Love the white sands on your latest video.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Alan W's Avatar
NY
Joined May 2000
2,274 Posts
Scott - will you or any of your distrib's have the ultra at the WRAMS show ?
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:03 AM
Registered User
Northwest Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
2,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
Scott - will you or any of your distrib's have the ultra at the WRAMS show ?
Unfortunately there will be no Polaris Ultras at the WRAM show. However, we will have them at the Toledo RC Expo in April.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com
Model Aero is offline Find More Posts by Model Aero
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:07 PM
Registered User
techspy's Avatar
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,249 Posts
Ok, so I am ready to replace my aging FPV Aquacat platfoem and think the Ultra will be perfect. I have many fpv planes but the stability and ease of takeoff and landings with the Aquacat makes it one of my favorites. The only things I would change would be to make it a bit more duable and faster. So it seems the Ultra will be perfect.

So, if I order the stock motor and esc, along with the 2 blade prop, I should be able to switch between 3s and 4s with no other concernes?

Thanks
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:50 PM
Registered User
Northwest Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
2,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Ok, so I am ready to replace my aging FPV Aquacat platfoem and think the Ultra will be perfect. I have many fpv planes but the stability and ease of takeoff and landings with the Aquacat makes it one of my favorites. The only things I would change would be to make it a bit more duable and faster. So it seems the Ultra will be perfect.

So, if I order the stock motor and esc, along with the 2 blade prop, I should be able to switch between 3s and 4s with no other concernes?

Thanks
Yes you can switch between 3s and 4s with the stock motor and ESC, but you must prop down from an 8 x 6 (3s) to an 8 x 4 (4s).

We've had one report of the stock motor wires overheating on 4s, so we have decided to rewire all the kits to upgrade the motor wires to 16 gauge. All kits shipped after 1/25/13 have been fitted with 16 gauge wires. For kits shipped before 1/25/13 we recommend sticking with a 3s setup unless you upgrade the wiring.

Additionally, we are pre-installing the rudder push rod and guide tube on all kits. There were a few complaints of interference inside the push rod channel.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com
Model Aero is offline Find More Posts by Model Aero
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
AeroRecon's Avatar
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Aero View Post
Yes you can switch between 3s and 4s with the stock motor and ESC, but you must prop down from an 8 x 6 (3s) to an 8 x 4 (4s).

We've had one report of the stock motor wires overheating on 4s, so we have decided to rewire all the kits to upgrade the motor wires to 16 gauge. All kits shipped after 1/25/13 have been fitted with 16 gauge wires. For kits shipped before 1/25/13 we recommend sticking with a 3s setup unless you upgrade the wiring.

Additionally, we are pre-installing the rudder push rod and guide tube on all kits. There were a few complaints of interference inside the push rod channel.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com
Of course you will be offering a free retrofit package to all loyal, Polaris junkies who bought one of the first runs of the Ultra, who also happens to be attending e-fest in two weeks?

Looking forward to seeing you there Scott. So far I have one original kit Polaris, 2 mini-Polaris kits, one of the first XL kits, and the Ultra....still in the box, though.

I luvs me some Polaris flyin'! (not now, though. Cold and nasty weather lately)
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:11 PM
Registered User
Northwest Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
2,682 Posts
Looking forward to E-Fest AeroRecon. I'll fix you up!

I will be sending out an email to all customers offering a free wiring upgrade package with instructions for those who want to rewire. As long as you are running 3s and less than 24 amps I wouldn't bother.

Note that it is much easier to rewire before the wings are glued in.

You may contact me via email at info@modelaero.com for further information.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com
Model Aero is offline Find More Posts by Model Aero
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:53 AM
Registered User
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Model Aero is an example of a company that listens to it's
customers and takes action.
I wish all companies were as responsive.

Good for you Model Aero.

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:36 AM
Registered User
USA, NY, Lancaster
Joined May 2010
190 Posts
Thanks Scott
lumpy649 is offline Find More Posts by lumpy649
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Complete Power set up for a Aero Models Aqua Cat or Polaris RTflyboy Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 1 Dec 08, 2012 06:52 PM
For Sale cassini aero models usa p 51d mustang 120 arf asteroidguy Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 17, 2012 06:21 PM
Discussion Model Aero Polaris Seaplane Auction Model Aero Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 11, 2012 12:28 PM
For Sale cassini aero models usa p 51 mustang 120 arf asteroidguy Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 22, 2012 01:14 PM