HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:53 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,531 Posts
Careful!
BIND Plugs in Spektrum Receivers - Careful.

Came to my RC Club trying to fly my Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" and with a new Keychain 720p Sky Camera. Well, I forgot my Freaking Spektrum DX7 so, another RC Club member was kind to lend me his DX7.

In performing the BIND process to this gentleman's DX7, I must have used a BIND plug that did not belong to Spektrum line of Receivers. The BIND PLUG got jammed in my T-28D AR600 receiver and caused damage to the AR600 circuit board underneath the pins while using a pair of pliers to remove the BIND plug. Whenever you need to use pliers then, the possibility of your Receiver to get damage is pretty high. I am just alerting all of you out there to be careful with inserting BIND plugs. If it is not going in smoothing then, do not insert.

My oldest T-28 NAVY is flying with the Castle Creations BERG 4-Channel DSP 72Mhz FM Modulation Receiver and controlled by the JR XP-7202 with fantastic results and if the AIRFORCE will be repaired back to flight worthy condition then, this is exactly how the model will be flown in the future. I am not knocking Spektrum for their receivers, just my personal preference.

Okay a few pictures!

Here are some wide angled Pictures of my T-28D Airforce Post Crash:

Battery was the Hammer and survived well.

Some closeup pictures of the E-Flite 30-AMP ESC Crash Damage and AR600.

This model hit mother Earth with such a force that the E-Flite 30-AMP ESC got completely distorted and MECHANICALLY Blew UP as I found the Aluminum Plate that is glued on the FETs a few feet away!

After Bending it back a little......

Using a powerful light and magnifying glass, Mark and I found the BIND pins on the AR600 Bent and Circuit board with a noticeable layer that was not right and perhaps caused a bad situation in the air after 25 seconds.

My friend, Mark was so disgusted about my crash and felt so sorry that he gave me a new GWS P-51D Mustang to heal the soul.

Oh, this one has GWS Retracts!

Thank you Mark!

VIDEO:
Park Zone T-28D Crashes due to Damaged AR600 Blind Pins 12-11-2012 (2 min 30 sec)

EDIT: For those thinking that it was My THUMBS, then, watch this video and you can see I have been flying for a long time and especially these T-28 models.

Park Zone T-28 mini hidden camera 11-28-09.wmv (8 min 30 sec)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts