HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:55 AM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,158 Posts
Discussion
T4I in the dark

T4I in the dark (2 min 3 sec)

An 800mm F/8, 50mm F/1.4, 200mm F/2.8, & 15mm F/2.8 are shown.

For night vision & astrophotography, it's quite a step up from any previous camera in this apartment. The live view focusing magnification makes possible what was either impossible or extremely time consuming on the 5D. However, besides the footage being extremely bright, it's still extremely grainy.

Considering the noise, the T4I is probably only incrementally better than a 5D in raw mode with software brightening. The 5D is still king of landscapes & portraits. If a beautiful heroine ever talked to me, I would take the 5D instead of the T4I to document the occasion. It hasn't happened in almost 40 years, but you never know.

The live view focusing magnification & incrementally better sensor of modern cameras would make the 6D the best camera ever made, but it would be hard to justify upgrading from the 5D for the level of improvement. Those features are manely used in the single application of astrophotography.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Human vs motor
to remove ads between posts