HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:12 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC View Post
Great detailing work on the Archer. I looks real except for the control horns on the elevator and flaps. It just needs a few navigation lights.
Yup in do time lights will be installed.
The elevator horn is not too bad as its under and doesn't show much , but the rudder and ailerons show too much.
I might try to to the rudder control inside eventually.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,302 Posts
Enjoy guys.
Parkzone Archer maiden flight (9 min 38 sec)
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
174 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the video..
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:43 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Nice video, that little Archer shure looks good in flight
Just cant wait to fly mine even more
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:07 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Just watched the video again and I just love it , you guys are a blast it was fun to listen to all your comments and I dig the cold, its not easy to be smooth on the sticks when its cold .
Good job and I hope to see more too
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:58 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,302 Posts
Guys thanks so much. We have a blast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel or like our page on facebook. My blog here on the groups has links to both. I love this little plane. I won't be surprised to see more in this class. Paul your work puts it over the top. Looks great.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:33 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the enjoyable video , and your comment " It only weighs a pound , but its tons of fun " is such a great truism .
Your video is proof of Parkzones " just fly " engineering excellence .
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:25 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Guys thanks so much. We have a blast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel or like our page on facebook. My blog here on the groups has links to both. I love this little plane. I won't be surprised to see more in this class. Paul your work puts it over the top. Looks great.
Thanks and I will suscribe to your channel .
Looking foward to more videos

Paul
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Thanks and I will suscribe to your channel .
Looking foward to more videos

Paul
Me too..
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:32 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,646 Posts
ryramZ,

Nice video...too bad it was freezing; looks like you guys had fun anyway ! But seriously, isn't this a great flying little plane? Really behaves like it's much bigger, and I think you'll agree. On a couple of the passes she was crabbing pretty good on climbout --- mine was doing the same thing the other day and it just looks tooo cool ! Those were some great landings for your first time; you'll be greasing every one once you get used to her. Just wait 'till spring and then you can really see what she'll do....like 15 minute flight times !

Thanks again for the video and review,
John
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Finally got the maiden done this morning early
Wow! I love it
Here are some pictures and a small video of my first flight with the new Parkzone Piper Archer. Sorry the video is on the dark side because it was overcast and I was using my headcam.
It was a cold early morning , just a very light breeze and temp -10'c .
I was flying in the park on a skating ring so not much space to goof off.
I was using a MAS 8x6 prop and the stock Lipo 2s1p 1300mah.
Flew it at half throttle doing touch and goes and for 10 min.
The battery took in 350 mah so I could fly for 15 min for shure.
This plane not only looks great it performs great.
Conclusion......dont wait just get one too :^)

Now going to meet a friend at the local club because he has 3 batteries for my Archer to give me

Parkzone-Piper Archer maiden (2 min 35 sec)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:09 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,646 Posts
And there was much rejoicing !!!

Paul, very happy you finally got her in the air! And as I was suspecting, I knew, I just knew, you'd love it! I'm telling you my friend, just wait 'til spring; it'll be with you every time the Beaver is out plying the northern skies...

Glad to hear you can adopt three more batteries....the cool thing I'm figuring out about this plane is that it is 2S....they're readily available and do in fact come in a bewildering variety. I've kept mine on the stock EC-2 connectors so everytime I order batteries, I order connectors from HH and solder 'em up!

Once you have better conditions, you'll see she performs scale rolls very nicely and even loops. But the best part of this little model, and I do mean the best, is that it just looks so cool flying around, you don't even have to do aerobatics to have fun !

Great pics, your Archer really looks the part out there in the elements. I bet the pics you take this spring on a grass strip will look even better. The second, third and fourth pics as displayed could pass as the real-deal...simply looks fantastic!

Heading back out to the desert; take care my friend,
John
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
And there was much rejoicing !!!

Paul, very happy you finally got her in the air! And as I was suspecting, I knew, I just knew, you'd love it! I'm telling you my friend, just wait 'til spring; it'll be with you every time the Beaver is out plying the northern skies...

Glad to hear you can adopt three more batteries....the cool thing I'm figuring out about this plane is that it is 2S....they're readily available and do in fact come in a bewildering variety. I've kept mine on the stock EC-2 connectors so everytime I order batteries, I order connectors from HH and solder 'em up!

Once you have better conditions, you'll see she performs scale rolls very nicely and even loops. But the best part of this little model, and I do mean the best, is that it just looks so cool flying around, you don't even have to do aerobatics to have fun !

Great pics, your Archer really looks the part out there in the elements. I bet the pics you take this spring on a grass strip will look even better. The second, third and fourth pics as displayed could pass as the real-deal...simply looks fantastic!

Heading back out to the desert; take care my friend,
John
Thanks John

I just wish it would have been a nice blue sky

Got my 3 other Lipos Turnigy 2s1p 1000 mah so now I got 4 batteries to play with thats good enough.
I wanted to fly first with the stock prop but on the first taxi run I touched the snow bank very slow but the prop snapped at the tip.
It really doesn't need flaps but it would be fun.
The wing is so thin that not shure I will install flaps for now.
What a great little Piper
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:14 PM
United States, PA, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2007
215 Posts
Archer Video and Updated Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Finally got the maiden done this morning early
Wow! I love it
Here are some pictures and a small video of my first flight with the new Parkzone Piper Archer. Sorry the video is on the dark side because it was overcast and I was using my headcam.
It was a cold early morning , just a very light breeze and temp -10'c .
I was flying in the park on a skating ring so not much space to goof off.
I was using a MAS 8x6 prop and the stock Lipo 2s1p 1300mah.
Flew it at half throttle doing touch and goes and for 10 min.
The battery took in 350 mah so I could fly for 15 min for shure.
This plane not only looks great it performs great.
Conclusion......dont wait just get one too :^)

Now going to meet a friend at the local club because he has 3 batteries for my Archer to give me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYKannZhHwE
Good video. The detail look great on the Cherokee Archer. The ice rink area wasnt alot of space to fly.

I have to get building on my Archer. It looks like a simple build. I have to detail the airplane once its built.

I have enough 1300MA 30C lipos to fly and bought them from Hobby Partz. It looks like there sold out now. I had to get the stock plugs redone to deans and the ESC in the airplane changed to a deans connector.

Paul once again another airplane with all the right details just as a full scale airplane. It needs an removable cowling so you can detail the Lycoming engine.
ChrisFlysRC is offline Find More Posts by ChrisFlysRC
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:19 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC View Post
Good video. The detail look great on the Cherokee Archer. The ice rink area wasnt alot of space to fly.

I have to get building on my Archer. It looks like a simple build. I have to detail the airplane once its built.

I have enough 1300MA 30C lipos to fly and bought them from Hobby Partz. It looks like there sold out now. I had to get the stock plugs redone to deans and the ESC in the airplane changed to a deans connector.

Paul once again another airplane with all the right details just as a full scale airplane. It needs an removable cowling so you can detail the Lycoming engine.
A detailed engine, thats a tought