HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:27 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Guys I notice something for the canopy release .
On the videos we see them pressing the top of the antenna towards the back but better you push strait down like a push button or the antenna will get loose and come off like mine did.

Epoxied mine in the slot now
Paul,

Amazing work....as with your DHC-2's, you do a little work at a time and it all starts to really come together. I really, really like the door details. I'm nowhere near your abilities, but how did you do the door outline, hinges and handle? That's simple enough, and I might try it

I also noticed and liked the flap outlines, the de-icer boots along the elevator, and the cockpit detailing...you truly don't miss a thing.

Your painted stock prop simply looks awesome.

Just wait 'till you get it in the air....it'll be with you every time, just like your DHC-2's...

Also, yes, the antenna is pushed straight down like a button, not pushed rearwards....mine got loose too and then I figured out how it's really supposed to work...

John
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Jan 24, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:32 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,295 Posts
Paul, I don't know what you used, but if you hit the window with acrylic paint it should come off pretty easy if you take care of it right away, in most cases it doesn't even have to be done right away.

Even the acrylic ploycarbonate/Lexan paints designed for actually painting that material (which is what those windows are) and are "supposed" to bind to it can be scraped off with a toothpick after it's dried.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:34 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Paul,

Amazing work....as with your DHC-2's, you do a little work at a time and it all starts to really come together. I really, really like the door details. I'm nowhere near your abilities, but how did you do the door outline, hinges and handle? That's simple enough, and I might try it

I also noticed and liked the flap outlines, and the cockpit detailing...you truly don't miss a thing.

Also, yes, the antenna is pushed straight down like a button, not pushed rearwards....mine got loose too and then I figured out how it's really supposed to work...

John
Thanks John

The door outline was done with a black pen and the door handle with a silver sharpy marker and the hinges too
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:35 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Guys I notice something for the canopy release .
On the videos we see them pressing the top of the antenna towards the back but better you push strait down like a push button or the antenna will get loose and come off like mine did.
Epoxied mine in the slot now
Mine did that straight out of the box. Then I learned to push it straight down just like you said. Your fairings make the landing gear!!!!! Have done the same to mine.

Scott
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:54 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Pictures Scott, pictures !!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:18 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
I'll see if I can sneak my daughters digital camera.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:36 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Apr 2012
223 Posts
I didn't get a chance to fly the archer today, took it to the field, but didn't fly. I've been trouble shooting my millennium master from tower, and finally had a couple good flights, then tested out a fly jet 830 from hobbyking, and realized that you really need to throw with your left hand so you don't help out the ensuing nosedive into the ground on the hand launch, you reall need a thumb on the elevator. I've only ever RoG launched a EDF before. after that I decided not to put the archer in the air for fear of making a stupid mistake.
Cphipps0826 is offline Find More Posts by Cphipps0826
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:48 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,657 Posts
Another tiny scale detail added, the foot step behind the wing
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Simply unbelievable...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:09 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,657 Posts
Quote:
Simply unbelievable...
its starting to look kind of nice ...............but I want to fly it darn it
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:09 AM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Apr 2012
223 Posts
Paul,

Amazing work I can't believe what you have done to this little bird in such short time. I wish I had the patience to scale one out, but I'm impatient and just want to fly!
Cphipps0826 is offline Find More Posts by Cphipps0826
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Yup! That's me...

I just wanna put the model in the air and move the sticks around...

Everything Paul touches turns to gold...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:47 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,657 Posts
Thanks guys
Me too I just want to fly but its nice when it looks even more like the real thing.
Just fly it but when the weather is bad and you have nothing to do just play with it a bit at a time , eventually all will be done
For me its part of the fun, scratching my head to find stuff around to make the parts. My headhakes is when I cant find the color matches
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Hi guys,

Just a quick post before I head back out to the sandbox....flew the little Archer for three batteries worth this morning...what a wonderful, relaxing time. Finally able to head to my favorite flying place, the road's been repaved and it's wonderful; but not nearly as wonderful as it is to fly the little model from my "home field".

Just an absolutely splendid flying model, I was grinning ear to ear practically the whole time ! There was little to no wind and the model will fly hands off at roughly 50% throttle for at least 300 yards...just glides on by ! What a cool, relaxing little flyer. Finally, happily, got it to the point where I'm greasing them in consistently. For me, I find if I come in at roughly a 25-35 degree angle holding about 25% throttle, and then flare about 6 inches off the deck and slowly chop the throttle, she'll settle down on the mains first, then nose-wheel every time.

Sorry Paul that you can't fly yours yet; you will be able to soon enough and when you do, I promise you, she'll go with you to the field every time.

Take care,
John
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:11 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,657 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

Just a quick post before I head back out to the sandbox....flew the little Archer for three batteries worth this morning...what a wonderful, relaxing time. Finally able to head to my favorite flying place, the road's been repaved and it's wonderful; but not nearly as wonderful as it is to fly the little model from my "home field".

Just an absolutely splendid flying model, I was grinning ear to ear practically the whole time ! There was little to no wind and the model will fly hands off at roughly 50% throttle for at least 300 yards...just glides on by ! What a cool, relaxing little flyer. Finally, happily, got it to the point where I'm greasing them in consistently. For me, I find if I come in at roughly a 25-35 degree angle holding about 25% throttle, and then flare about 6 inches off the deck and slowly chop the throttle, she settled down on the mains first, then nose-wheel every time.

Sorry Paul that you can't fly yours yet; you will be able to soon enough and when you do, I promise you, she'll go with you to the field every time.

Take care,
John
John john John ...you had to give this beautiful flight report again.
I just went out for a nice walk because its not as crazy cold today but still way too cold to fly unfortunatly.
Its looking good in the forcast in the next few days so I might get lucky
Now its on the kitchen table just waitting to escape to the great outdoors and spread its wings

By the way I love the background on your picture