HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,538 Posts
Discussion
Neck Strap Balancer

I went looking for a neck strap balancer for my Futaba 7c. They only seem to make ones with holes in them instead of the ones like Spektrum makes that has an adjustable slide. Plus the Futaba ones are 20 bucks vs. 14 for the Spektrum. I then started wondering if the Spektrum could be adapted. Sure enough, it can be modified and takes about 15 minutes with a Dremel tool. All it requires is shorten the vertical mount by about 3/64" and radius the bottom on both sides to fit the 7c post on the TX. The insert spacer fits the 7c hole as well. FWIW; KDE mfgs. a Spektrum mount as well that 'should' be able to be modded as well. So now I have a nice Spektrum balancer on my Futaba.

As long as I'm talking Tx's, here's something every owner needs. It's screen protectors for your TX. I bought my original one 5 or 6 years ago for my DX7 and it's still on the tx with no signs of failing. They can be found here.. http://www.rcscreenprotectors.com/index.htm

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by deckert; Dec 13, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts