Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
So you got the vibes worked out? You are brave placing gear on the top plate... it's there to protect the gear under it
I don't have gear on top of the top plate I just have wires that stick up through the top plate . Theres not a whole lot that can be done to make the Quadrino Zoom board I have fit much better to avoid the situation .
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
Problems are solved , ripped it apart again with an eye to reduce vibrations, zip tied and nylon taped everything down and I pulled all the wires that I had running through the middle of my Quadrino board , that how I had it in the VC450 but maybe on this frame I have vibs traveling along the wires to the board, so not anymore, oh and new carbon fiber props at 9inch. Im happy to be back at 9 inch so flight times should be better and happier batteries.
What CF props are you using? RCTimer's? I've been thinking of giving some a try.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:34 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,891 Posts
I just built up a FLIP FPV with a clean/dirty section (basically just an extra plate), and did 1080p clean with no jello, no foam under camera, etc.

Going to cut a special plate for those who want to try this.
vic20owner is online now Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:42 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,315 Posts
Quote:
I just built up a FLIP FPV with a clean/dirty section (basically just an extra plate), and did 1080p clean with no jello, no foam under camera, etc.

Are you using any sort of isolation bobbins like they use on the qav frames?
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:44 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Are you using any sort of isolation bobbins like they use on the qav frames?
Yes, 4 of them.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:46 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Yes, 4 of them.
Ok...i was thinking of doing this on my ht-fpv frame...nice to know it might work
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,891 Posts
yes 4 of them
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:02 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,954 Posts
Quote:
yes 4 of them
Interesting. So it looks like just another 'normal' plate and the isolators.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:22 PM
Johninarky
Rogers,Arkansas
Joined Jul 2005
171 Posts
Any one out there using a FunFly Controller "Naze 32" on their FLIP FPV?
It seems to have a lot of good features and a good price.
John
jlremr is offline Find More Posts by jlremr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:29 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
830 Posts
Quote:
yes 4 of them
Hi Tom,
I have mine setup the same with the bobbins but I changed the upper plate to the same as the bottom two because the area that holds the GOPRO otherwise did not have enough support and was starting to vibrate. Works great now, but I was a bit concerned about the total weight increase. Sure love the video I get now though!!! Huge difference from before and I can just "hard mount" my go pro without any foam or anything. According to the weight Vantasstic gave me of his stock flip, the conversion added around 350 gms overall.. The extra plate was $20 along with around $10 for the bobbins.
Mel
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Last edited by melsailsnorth; Feb 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:45 PM
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jul 2012
190 Posts
Why is everyone having such a hard time with vibrations? at soon as I balanced my props perfectly, the vibrations went away.

These solutions just add more weight.
Keddy is offline Find More Posts by Keddy
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:57 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keddy View Post
Why is everyone having such a hard time with vibrations? at soon as I balanced my props perfectly, the vibrations went away.

True enough!! I hate the added weight, but even with perfectly balanced motors and props, I was still seeing jello with my gopro2. I loved my video with my QAV500 so much (but didn't like how easy it was to damage the aluminum arms) that I just figured it was the best route to that kind of quality. Indeed, if I could achieve the same results with the stock setup, I'd much rather do it that way though.
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:21 PM
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jul 2012
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
True enough!! I hate the added weight, but even with perfectly balanced motors and props, I was still seeing jello with my gopro2. I loved my video with my QAV500 so much (but didn't like how easy it was to damage the aluminum arms) that I just figured it was the best route to that kind of quality. Indeed, if I could achieve the same results with the stock setup, I'd much rather do it that way though.

I could never get the vibes to go away with cheap props. Switched to Graupner and never had an issue. Easy to balance, very stiff, and very predictive flying.
Keddy is offline Find More Posts by Keddy
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 PM
No you cant fly it.
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Mar 2011
1,257 Posts
Quote:

When I ordered my flip frame I requested another non fanged plate and did this. I haven't had much time to fly it yet, but ill post a pic of my copter later tonight.

What would the special plate consist of? What's different? Thicker?? : ) that's the only problem I had with it... I had to use more than 4 bobbins or it would flex too much.
kicekilla is offline Find More Posts by kicekilla
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:21 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keddy View Post

You are right of course ... that is why I designed the frame initially without them. But many people don't want to hassle with testing and tuning, they just want to fly and get 1080p out of the box... and I can totally understand that.

The reason I didn't go with the clean/dirty section in the flip fpv was to keep simple and to keep price down.

Tom
Last edited by vic20owner; Feb 15, 2013 at 08:55 PM.