HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:04 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
I'm also after one of these frames but $41 postage to Sydney Australia isn't very appealing either :-(
Auskenny is offline Find More Posts by Auskenny
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:19 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Yeah, I am going to have to find a better postage price, or look into other frames. Aren't they light, and flat packed?
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:22 AM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,732 Posts
We used to ship flat rate priority mail envelope which is only $13.50, until we started losing packages and having them go missing for months. We had a few packages go missing for 6 months, we refunded the orders, and then they got delivered and they kept them and never paid us.

After that we started shipping USPS express mail (real tracking) and delivery within a week (depending on customs).

I agree it costs way too much to ship from the USA these days internationally.

Registered mail is cheap but it is only guaranteed until it leaves the country.. then it can be left anywhere without tracking.

I haven't looked into DHL yet.

(tom at hoverthings)
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Last edited by vic20owner; Dec 14, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:56 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auskenny View Post
I'm also after one of these frames but $41 postage to Sydney Australia isn't very appealing either :-(
The AUS. dollar has never been stronger against the U.S. dollar. $41 AUSD is a few packs of smokes and a soda or a steak and a beer at your local pub. Ask some mates to go in on multiple order.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:01 AM
Team White Llama
United States, IL, Addison
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
I got to see Dave's flip the other day. Good stuff, arms are a game changer Waiting for the holidays to go away, will be getting one for damn sure!
Enthlapy is offline Find More Posts by Enthlapy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Metal Head Mini FPV
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,846 Posts
Guys, US postage costs are really not in Tom's control and it's just unfair to compare it with Chinese shipping. This frame is really well priced considering the effort that went into the design and manufacturing and low volumes involved.

You get to customize the frame for colours and you know hè'll have spare parts available in the future. That`s good value, in my opinion.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:36 PM
Rc Fan From Belgium
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2011
381 Posts
Offcourse its good value.
I paid 100 usd for the frame + 40 usd for shipping and probably i will have to pay another 40 usd upto 60 usd on customs.
So total of around 180 usd / 200 usd for a top frame.

Offcourse i can get it cheaper frames from china or elsewhere and i dont pay taxes then but then those frames are crap.
Or i can wait for a clone frame like when the ht-fpv frame came out but then u have also a frame that is a knockoff.

So yes 200 usd is exspensive but its well worth the money to support Tom and then we will get more nice frames from him (and offcourse spare parts all the time)
Anda Inc. is offline Find More Posts by Anda Inc.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:05 PM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
922 Posts
I went to hoverthings site and they don't have the black frames , but they have black with red arms. Any idea when the black frames will be in?
mori55 is offline Find More Posts by mori55
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
401 Posts
There's a "Select Colors" Option, It lets you build it in whatever color you want. Just click on it and choose black for arms and frame sections and voila.

GG
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:03 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,732 Posts
Black is back in stock..
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:26 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Sorry, guys. I am in no way blaming Tom (thanks for posting!) for the postage costs. It's really a shame. Hopefully a DHL option will be possible. Thanks Tom, for contributing. I'm hoping I can buy from you sometime.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:40 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,732 Posts
I can ship however you want if you assume the risk! I certainly don't mind shipping registered mail, first class, or priority, as long as you don't keep asking me where it is because there is no tracking on those! We try to throw in a few extras here and there randomly when we can to make up for shipping costs. It really depends on how much stuff we have on hand. But hey buy what works for you, because in the end thats whats most important.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:07 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2009
669 Posts
my FLIP was fun and easy to build. Thanks Tom.

Cant wait to FPV it

Hoverthing FLIP FPV frame (357.2 grams)
CC3D
stock plush 30A escs
SK3 3530 1150kv motors (thanks Falco) (84.3 grams with prop adaptor)
graupner 10x5 e-props
3s 3000mah nanotech lipo
dragonlink rx
hobbyking 12v voltage regulator
1.3ghz 600mW vtx
homemade CL antenna (thanks shpoinks)
rmrc 480 FPV cam
gopro hero2
juz70 is offline Find More Posts by juz70
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,083 Posts
Stop teasing us Juz... You only listed the hardware specs. So how'd it fly? What's your AUW? I keep checking the mail for mine...can't wait to put it together. Yours looks good. I think I like the taller top cover to fit and house the battery. I was thinking of a taller frame plate. I think I'll go with your setup instead.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
26 Posts
Tom,

Whats the recommended way to mount the distribution board? Is there any specific hardware needed/included? Clearance between the bottom plates looks tight.

Thanks,
JP
JPV FPV is offline Find More Posts by JPV FPV