HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:38 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhover View Post
But luckily I have already done all the hard work for you all you would need are my settings.
Thanks man! Let me get my stuff ordered and then I will come crying to you for help.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:49 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Thank you!!

Motors are only 20 each.
Or if you're really cheap, Just Google 20-28m 1050kv and you'll find many Hacker clones (Which is what these are) for $12-$14, $6 bucks per motor = $24 in your pocket.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Last edited by Gadget-Geek; Jan 01, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:54 AM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,719 Posts
Xhover, nice production value on the 1st vid, too!

Tell me, what is the advantage of all NFET escs? I am using some old ones flashed with the latest SimonK, but not sure what upgrading to all NFET will get me?
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:56 AM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Thanks man! Let me get my stuff ordered and then I will come crying to you for help.
Also, it looks like witespy has also modified the Multiwii code to have a flip specific one, so if you go with his flip FC ($20 and works great for me!), there may be even less work to do!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget-Geek View Post
Or if you're really cheap, Just Google 20-28m 1050kv and you'll find many Hacker clones (Which is what these are) for $12-$14, $6 bucks per motor = $24 in your pocket.
Yes you could go the cheap way! But remember you buy cheap you get cheap!

Do it right the first time and save money in the long run.
xhover is online now Find More Posts by xhover
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:04 AM
Joined Mar 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
No problem I would be more then happy to help.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:09 AM
Joined Mar 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
Xhover, nice production value on the 1st vid, too!

Tell me, what is the advantage of all NFET escs? I am using some old ones flashed with the latest SimonK, but not sure what upgrading to all NFET will get me?
Thanks Derek !

I have found that with the normal flashed esc's after flying hard for a long period of time they tend to get a little warm and there for causing the quadcopter fly like lol

With the nfet transistors everything stays nice and cool through the whole flight and the quadcopter is much smoother!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:51 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Yes you could go the cheap way! But remember you buy cheap you get cheap!

Do it right the first time and save money in the long run.
But you did go cheap. I mean, $20 motors are a whole lot less than $40, $50, $60 ea T-Motors!!! Going back to your video...watched it again. Really smooth, good flying, and a joy to watch. I'm surprised the 5.8GHz worked so well. I keep hearing how they have no penetration capability. The GoPro vid is deceiving though...what was the actual video quality in your goggles? Again...great job on the vids...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:00 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Cralis...the Multiwii isn't really that hard. You do have to go through some learning curve with the firmware, but it's not all that bad. Check out Multiwii.com and start grazing through the documentation and instrutctions. Download ArduIno and a Multiwii 2.1 sketch and look through the 'config.def' tab. This is about the only place you need to make any adjustments of what gets loaded into your Multiwii board. You also need the Multiwii Configuration program to do the PID tuning. There's lots of vids on YouTube on PID tuning. Consider the following:
P= Increase the P until your frame quickly oscillates then back down ~10%. If you get to low it'll be to drifty and hard to control. To high and it'll oscillate and be impossible to fly.
I= Controls how the frame holds attitude while in gryo (non-autolevel) mode. Tilt the frame forward for forward flight and release the sticks. If it noses up, increase I. If it noses down, decrease I. You want it to hold attitude when you release the sticks.
D= Shock absorbers in your car. If to low it will just keep bouncing back and forth after movements. To high and it'll start to oscillate.
Don't worry, you'll pick it up quickly...and buy plenty of spare props!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
But you did go cheap. I mean, $20 motors are a whole lot less than $40, $50, $60 ea T-Motors!!! Going back to your video...watched it again. Really smooth, good flying, and a joy to watch. I'm surprised the 5.8GHz worked so well. I keep hearing how they have no penetration capability. The GoPro vid is deceiving though...what was the actual video quality in your goggles? Again...great job on the vids...
BURN!! lol

To be honest the video quality on the goggles was great didn't get any noise or cut outs at all.

thanks vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:34 PM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,719 Posts
But he, to his credit, did buy from a reputable seller that has a lot of multicopter knowledge, and who has contributed a lot to this community, so hopefully we can assume anything listed on witespy's website is of a quality well suited for out purposes!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:36 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,450 Posts
Quote:
BURN!! lol

To be honest the video quality on the goggles was great didn't get any noise or cut outs at all.

thanks vantasstic
Whaaat! How no cut outs my 5.8 setup with cp antennas tracker and diversity would have been going crazy in your whole video. I don't see how no cut ours is possible. But I guess that's good for you
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:23 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Just back from a quick flight with the Flip FPV. Yesterday I removed the 10x6x3 props and installed (balanced) 10x4.7 carbon mix Gemfan props. The frame felt smoother, but the proof was going to be in the video. Unfortunetly the video was worse...I picked up all sorts of vibs and jello this time. Drat... The flight performance was better and my amp draw went down to 209mAh/minute. I used my GoPro with the Sunex lens this time...perhaps why jello was more apparent? At one point the camera actually slide out of the wood case I had it in and it ejected in flight...took a few minutes to find the battery cover and battery...but I got it all back and it still worked fine. So my quest to find jello free performance continues...might have to try the 450 arms next.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:51 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
BURN!! lol

thanks vantasstic
What size battery are you using (3S, 4S)? I really like today's flight performance on mine...but the jello...argg....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
What size battery are you using (3S, 4S)? I really like today's flight performance on mine...but the jello...argg....
3s 2200mah

Are you using any padding for the camera?
RCG Plus Member