Brushless motors
HT-450 Motor - House

ESC'S
ReadyToFly-SimonK House ESC-20AMP-NFET

8" props

You can find everything above from readytoflyquads.com

Hero2 will put hero3 soon

Fatshark Fpv system
Nice flying, what's your onboard video and radio system?
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:43 PM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Lmao somebody obviously couldn't read!

That sucks on your end though.
Can't blame it on the language barrier, Numbers are the same in english and chinese. Fyeutech had a video of a quad with different motors and props at each corner and a water bottle hanging from one arm so 120kv shouldn't be a big deal, Should it? (Just Kidding!).
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Last edited by Gadget-Geek; Jan 01, 2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
This is thehaw24 trying to change names but i keep forgetting to post in this one lol

anyways onboard video is a gopro2 recording at 720 60fps

I will put the hero3 black edition on the next flight.
xhover is offline Find More Posts by xhover
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auskenny View Post
Nice flying thehaw24 that's the best video of the new flip frame I've seen so far

Thank You!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
i forgot to mention my radio system is a spectrum dx7
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:42 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhover View Post
i forgot to mention my radio system is a spectrum dx7
Sorry, meant your video transmitter, 1.3 or 5.8, etc
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:13 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
I ordered and got my Trex 500 landing skids today. My plan was to install them between the frame plates (mounted to the bottom surface of the upper plate). This would allow the skids to be functional while still maintaining a narrow profile.

On the up side, the holes in the skid legs match up perfectly with some holes in the plates. On the down side the 500 gear isn't wide enough to clear the bottom plate IF using the stock spacers between the plates. For me, I installed 1.5" spacers between the plates so I could mount my battery between the plates and keeping it protected. The legs will just fit for this application, but...it looks a little funky...I might give it a try for just a look see. I don't think they'll stay though. They do fit my Flyduspider hex real well and I'll probably use them there instead.

I do have a set of 600 skid legs that are wider and fit the Flip FPV frame much better. I have the legs, I don't have the skid pipes though...so will need to order those. If you want skids and don't mind mounting them to the bottom frame plate the Trex 500's look like a good, light fit that'll hold the frame up to ~ the stocks 'clip on' legs height. I think skids will fair better on 'moving/sliding' landings vs the spikey stock ones which would be more prone to digging in or breaking off. I'll post pictures later once I have them mounted.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, meant your video transmitter, 1.3 or 5.8, etc
Yeah, I'm curious about that too. He was flying, low, on the opposite side of the house. I'm guessing it's not 5.8G and I don't think that'd penetrate at all and we'd of had some awesome crash video to watch instead!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:16 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Yeah, I'm curious about that too. He was flying, low, on the opposite side of the house. I'm guessing it's not 5.8G and I don't think that'd penetrate at all and we'd of had some awesome crash video to watch instead!!
Yep, that's why I was asking
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:02 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaw24 View Post
Fantastic video! I think this is the video that has sold me. I also like your style of flying! Very nice! Thanks! I might copy your build, somehow. Motors seem pricey though! Is that $50/motor? Looks really nice! And the flight controller seems to do a great job. Mmm... Interesting. I think I'm sold.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:07 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Fantastic video! I think this is the video that has sold me. I also like your style of flying! Very nice! Thanks! I might copy your build, somehow. Motors seem pricey though! Is that $50/motor? Looks really nice! And the flight controller seems to do a great job. Mmm... Interesting. I think I'm sold.
Actually I think those motors were $20 per motor...so $80 total (and always buy a spare motor and esc...just in case). That was an impressive video too...real fun to watch...along with good flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:24 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Yeah Van, just noticed that. Seemed like not a lot of vibration. Liked it a lot.
Leaning towards a Multiwii PRO controller (Like he was using), but battling to find a nice tutorial on how to set them up, from unboxing to flight. Maybe it's not too bad, but want to know what I am getting myself into. And if I am capable of working with one.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:32 AM
Joined Mar 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I'm actually using a 5.8 system with clover leaf antennas with a 600mw immersion receiver .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Yeah Van, just noticed that. Seemed like not a lot of vibration. Liked it a lot.
Leaning towards a Multiwii PRO controller (Like he was using), but battling to find a nice tutorial on how to set them up, from unboxing to flight. Maybe it's not too bad, but want to know what I am getting myself into. And if I am capable of working with one.
If you have multiwii installed on your computer that's already half the work. Luckily the rest is super easy! Just takes time. But luckily I have already done all the hard work for you all you would need are my settings.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:37 AM
Joined Mar 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Thank you!!

Motors are only 20 each.
RCG Plus Member