HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
Sudbury ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
119 Posts
Discussion
See what you ear; ear what you see

I found a way , quite by accident ; to use the back pressure of a speaker as a pumping system for a smoke unit ...Take a look at this video and judge by yourself..

The real smoke&sound (3 min 14 sec)
strmnd54 is offline Find More Posts by strmnd54
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,730 Posts
Hey that looks intresting so how did you figure that one out.? How do you have it set up with what ?? Thanks
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
Sudbury ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
119 Posts
This is in the wake of the idea I had last week, about using the backpressure of a speaker as a pumping system for a smoke unit...

It's one thing to test an idea on a bench; but making it work in a model is another ball game...

Nevertheless, I succeeded in mounting a small (but powerful) taigen speaker between the gearboxes of my H.L. Pershing; and couple it with the smoke chamber of a modified H.L. smoke unit.

Since the idea came to me while I was working on a modification to boost the audio output of my tank; I blended both smoke and sound together…

The audio modification is based on a 2 X 15 Watts Stereo Amplifier that I bought on E-Bay. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TDA7297F-Digi...#ht_3567wt_954

My original plan was to use only one channel to drive a taigen speaker mounted in the front of my tank.
I also connected my two batteries ( 5000 Mah NiMH) in serial; to get around 15 Volts to the Amp.

For the new modification, I’m using the 2 channels to power 2 speakers…
Each channel has it’s own volume control; so I can set the volume of the rear speaker to get the level of smoke that I desire; and use the front speaker as a master for the overall sound level…

Here’s a static video of the system…

Acoustic smoker in H.L. Pershing (4 min 52 sec)
strmnd54 is offline Find More Posts by strmnd54
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:44 PM
Joined Jul 2008
6 Posts
That's quite a brilliant idea mate
CorollaGT is offline Find More Posts by CorollaGT
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,211 Posts
thats pretty cool. dual exhaust, electronic hooka :-)))
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer