HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:29 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
The canopy and nose cowl. I masked the canopy windows with masking tape and spray painted with Krylon orange. The paint seeped under the tape. I was hoping to have clear windows but had to resort to plan B and indicate the windows in black, which I hand painted. The dummy bulkhead is white on the real model I'm basing the color scheme for this one on, so that worked out okay. Later, I touched up with a fine small brush and Testors orange paint. The square hole in the cowl is the nose block insert hole.

Kev

I still haven't gotten the swing of my camera.
kevin matthews is offline Find More Posts by kevin matthews
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:37 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
Making slow progress attaching the tissue to the fuselage. Have all at frames built. That Easy Lite is pretty good material.

Kev
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:50 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
Got the fuse covered. Will add an olive green camouflage to the upper after doping.

Kev

Sorry once again for the picture quality. The bottom is sky blue, much lighter that what is here.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:54 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
...now i know the "Close Up" setting or the "Museum" setting isn't going to get me a decent photograph.

Kev
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:38 PM
SlingWinger
San Bernardino, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin matthews View Post
Making slow progress attaching the tissue to the fuselage. Have all at frames built. That Easy Lite is pretty good material.

Kev
What is easy lite?
dayhead is offline Find More Posts by dayhead
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:59 AM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
dayhead, Easy Lite tissue is the product of Easy Built Models. You can find their web site on the web. They carry the tissue in a lot of colors as well as balsa wood in contest grade and other building materials, as well as a large selection of kits.

Kev
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:46 AM
United States, IN, Elberfeld
Joined Feb 2011
120 Posts
g challenge rules

Just noticed the g challenge rules say free flight contest. I(well the rules dont, but the statement b4 the rules do)...'m going to do it rc anyway (cause I was qoing to do this b4 I noticed the competition). Maybee they will let me enter a flight time of 0 or something. It's just for fun anyway (for me)......
kzart is offline Find More Posts by kzart
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:54 AM
United States, IN, Elberfeld
Joined Feb 2011
120 Posts
glue to plastic

I have used Elmer's disappearing purple glue stick to stick walmart tissue paper to plastic(some cub nose calling I got at a hobby store that I resized) . It seems to be holing good..
kzart is offline Find More Posts by kzart
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:21 AM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
The wing bottom covered. I just had to show the coolness and beauty of an in progress build, too.

Kev
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:25 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
The wing top tissue covering in progress and done. It has 3/32" washout at both wing-tips.

Kev
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
Los Gatos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
168 Posts
Nice covering job! Looking good .
atesus is online now Find More Posts by atesus
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:17 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
A can of Coverite Balsarite arrived today.

Kev
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:44 AM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
I cut the plastic canopy / dummy bulkhead in half eliminating the dummy bulkheads. I'm in the process of tissue covering the fuselage area where the plastic part would have covered...added several stringers in the area. I'm going to indicate the dummy bulkheads with white paper, instead. Should save a lot of weight.

Kev
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:39 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
It's real good to be working with SIG nitrate dope and thinner again. The shipment arrived today. I've got the fuse doped with three coats. I'm good to go. Now I can finish up the three war birds in progress. Also Gizmo Geezer thrust buttons arrived and I heard from Callie Graphics. The stick on graphics should arrive later this week.

Kev
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:14 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,557 Posts
Been doping all day. Got the Warhawk doped and the small Mustang. I'll wait a few days and then apply the dark green tissue.

Kev