HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Braddock, VC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
dover, kent, UK
Joined Apr 2003
407 Posts
Discussion
Build Blog P9

Things are accelerating now and the damn weather caused problems, even with cement accelerator the temperature was causing the mortar to freeze and so the tiler had to quit. But the scaffolding came down and for the first time I can see the outline of the new part of the house; it really is everything we wanted, the shape is great not like some wart grafted on.
Tomorrow the utility people come to excavate the drive so that the gas and electricity meters can be moved outside, the gas tomorrow and the electricity on Friday. A registered plumber is coming tomorrow to join my existing gas pipe to the meter and an electrician on Friday who will install a new consumer unit to distribute the power and then he will run the cables for all the electricity points and return when the walls have been plastered and the internal partitions erected.
On Saturday the new windows and multifold door will be fitted then we take a break for the christmas holiday, can't proceed as the next phase involves knocking down some walls into the existing kitchen and then a doorway at the other end of the extension plus knocking down the existing wall in my daughter's room and also a doorway into the new, 4th bedroom.
As my daughter is coming home from university for christmas we decided that we would not remove her wall!
We start again on January 7th and when that work is done and the first floor joists installed the walls can be plastered and the ceilings too.
I can then have the new heating system installed and fit out the two new showers and toilets plus the downstairs utility room and then do some painting.
Getting ahead of myself but then the downstairs floor can be screeded, and a new floor laid in the new kitchen area then our $26000 kitchen can be fitted. Hopefully by the end of february. Then its on to the outside for landscaping etc.
Happy holiday to all my readers. See you in the new year!!!!!
Braddock, VC is offline Find More Posts by Braddock, VC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Reverse Takeover
to remove ads between posts