HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Camcam171717, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:50 AM
USA, AL, Birmingham
Joined Nov 2008
14 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Cam , maybe for Christmas someone will give you the gift of communication ?!!
There have been several fine folks here ( as well as on the other trainwreck thread of yours) who have tried to pull information from you to do nothing but want to help, now I can see why it aint gonna happen most likely!
JohnMcGowan is offline Find More Posts by JohnMcGowan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hatboro Pa.
Joined Feb 2005
861 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
I have the sterling PT 17 about 3/4 of the way done. It is not covered and I have an extra elevator alreay built up and not covered. If you or anyone else wants the entire plane I will sell it. I too was going to convert it to electric. Shipping would be crazy so local pick up would be better. I can supply pics if you are serious. PM me. First 150.00 can have it.
Dave
Yellowspider is offline Find More Posts by Yellowspider
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,889 Posts
Trader Rating: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcGowan View Post
Cam , maybe for Christmas someone will give you the gift of communication ?!!

LOL - I tried - I'm out......
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Youngstown, PA 15696
Joined May 2002
476 Posts
Trader Rating: 114
That's what you guys get for communicating with a 12 year old...
Pilot_Tony is offline Find More Posts by Pilot_Tony
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
Clash of the clans
United States, WI, Wausau
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I'm 13
Camcam171717 is offline Find More Posts by Camcam171717
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:04 PM
Mountain Home, Ar.
Joined Dec 2009
339 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
At 13, you should be willing to communicate when you ask others for help.
JollyPopper200 is offline Find More Posts by JollyPopper200
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
Clash of the clans
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
True
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,925 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
And just when I thought things were going well...

What the heck kind of answer is that? I refer to the "removing poop" post.

You have asked for models, supplies and help and you've been given help in abundance. Trouble is, you won't take it. Heck, we can't even get you to answer in complete sentences.

FWIW, the model is in fact a silk-and-dope covered Stearman which those in the know have identified as a Sterling kit. It's in need of attention from a very, VERY experienced modeler.

When your own profile states right off the bat that you have "a low, low income" and your business includes "walking dogs," there is no way in God's green earth that you will have the money to properly repair this model anytime soon. Moreover, you don't know how to fly and NO biplane is suitable for a beginner.

Now...are you ready to listen to some experienced users who would be glad to help you or are you simply going to do your own thing?
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Dec 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:23 PM
Mountain Home, Ar.
Joined Dec 2009
339 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Does anyone have any idea what he meant by "getting the poop out of the body"?
JollyPopper200 is offline Find More Posts by JollyPopper200
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
Clash of the clans
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
there was rat poop
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:27 PM
Break, fix, fly, break again
United States, PA, Royersford
Joined Apr 2012
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Cam. You need to listen and I mean REALLY listen. There are alot of good folks trying to help you here. I joined RCG because of the real help and effort put out here. I see a real lack of respect towards those that have tried to help you. One word replies. No real "thank you" coming from you. Ask a question or make requests with as much detail as possible. quite frankly, your threads are getting long because of the amount of effort that is being put forth by everyone trying to get some sort of detail just so you can be helped. I don't get it. Also, this plane is too much for you based on experience and lack of funds. Consider yourself lucky everyone hasn't walked away. They want you to be successful and have a good experience getting into this hobby. So maybe you could start putting forth some effort and good communication and show appreciation.
SkyPirate67 is offline Find More Posts by SkyPirate67
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,925 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate67 View Post
Cam. You need to listen and I mean REALLY listen. There are alot of good folks trying to help you here. I joined RCG because of the real help and effort put out here. I see a real lack of respect towards those that have tried to help you. One word replies. No real "thank you" coming from you. Ask a question or make requests with as much detail as possible. quite frankly, your threads are getting long because of the amount of effort that is being put forth by everyone trying to get some sort of detail just so you can be helped. I don't get it. Also, this plane is too much for you based on experience and lack of funds. Consider yourself lucky everyone hasn't walked away. They want you to be successful and have a good experience getting into this hobby. So maybe you could start putting forth some effort and good communication and show appreciation.
I agree.

I've been following your posts for awhile and I have officially given up. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

Nothing personal, but I'm simply tired of trying to get you to communicate properly. You've spent most of your time asking for free stuff. You've been ignoring the really valuable help that I and others have tried to give you.

Cam, I honestly hope and pray that you get a good model for Christmas and not someone's poop-infested castoff. There might be some experienced modelers who could get that Stearman back in the air, but my friend, you haven't the necessary experience or the funds to even begin to attempt a job like this. You're looking at several hundred dollars of equipment to support and fly it. Even if you did, you don't yet know how to fly.

By the way, it isn't a "body." It is referred to as the "fuselage." The word is French and is pronounced "FEW-seh-LAHJ."

Merry Christmas and good luck. I'm neither angry nor chewing you out. I'm just telling you what I feel.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."