HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2001, 09:51 PM
Millarville,Alberta,Canada
Joined Jun 2000
544 Posts
Lite Machines web Site update

They just did a web site update on the new Corona heli.If you download the Manual it looks very good.The only question it looks they have two types of motors. Electro-Fusion 7 for 7 cells and the Electro-Fusion 6 for 6 cells.So what would the best type and who makes the motors.On the spec for 7 Fusion motor, 150W and 22,700 rpm.

Regards
Wayne
wayne is offline Find More Posts by wayne
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2001, 10:09 PM
KJ
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Mar 2001
25 Posts
When I looked at the manual, they prefer the 7 cell motor vs. the 6-cell.

I just got this heli a few days ago but went with a Kyosho Atomic Force motor based on discussions I found here. I've been having speed controller heat problems with this motor. If I had to do it again, I would get the motor and controller they recommend and sell. The motor is a Reedy and the controller is a castle creations Pegasus 35H I believe.
KJ is offline Find More Posts by KJ
Old Nov 20, 2001, 08:28 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Oct 2001
41 Posts
In the interest of simplicity, I bought LiteMachine's motor and speed controller with my Corona. It came with the 7 Cell motor. The 6 cell option wasn't listed anywhere when I ordered, and the first I heard about it was in the manual.

The Speed Controller is from Castle Creations, and I think you're right that it's the Pegasus 35 (LiteMachines has their own label on it though, so I can't be sure). The same holds true for the motor...it's got a LiteMachines label on it so I don't know what model it really is. The supplied pinion is 9T.

Now all I have to do is build the thing.
Mark E is offline Find More Posts by Mark E
Old Nov 20, 2001, 10:26 PM
Joined Jun 2000
544 Posts
Pegasus 35 Question

The Pegasus 35 has a BEC on it.So would the motor cut out, and crash the heli.I thought you would want one without BEC like the Jeti 300 controller.

Thks
Wayne
Old Nov 20, 2001, 11:19 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
There are 2 versions of the P35. 1 is the standard with a LVC (low voltage cutoff). The other is a P35(H) without a LVC made for heli use.

They both have BEC which has nothing to do with the LVC
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Nov 21, 2001, 09:43 AM
Joined Jun 2000
544 Posts
Hi Fred

I went to there web site and there is no Pegasus 35(H). I this a custom made controller. Looked up here in Canada can only find the P35 with BEC.

Thks
Wayne