SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RCWorks, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,672 Posts
Discussion
Latest things....

I have just purchased a new PC for my desk, My old desk PC will run my cutter and it is OVERKILL... The new P.C. I bought is faster, more ram and supports 2 monitors since I have bideo runnng while I work for noise mostley but I share Vids with my 8 year old son...

That gave me a P.C. for running GMFC Elite and Mach 3.

After a bunc of research I will be using a USB port for running my latest CNC creations.

In the mean time today I put a new TOOL HOLDER on my 8x12 lathe, this make changing a tool fast and easy. It required taking the top(Compund) slide off and mounting it in the MIll while I took the shoulder off the stud that holds the tool holder... The instructions say hack saw, I wanted it done nice.

I saw a laser edge finder for my mill and wanted one, I thought the prices was to stout so I made on with a hunk of scrap aluminium and a couple parts.

After I got the lathe back together I turned out a prototype for a Laser edge finder.

I am using a Crosshair laser and power it off the USB plug from my PC.

This is just the first part, I need to solder it and drill a target piece in the mill to check it... If its ok I will put in an upper and lower set screws to retain the laser in the mount, If not I will open the hole 2mm at a time until I can get it set with 4 upper and 4 lower set screws to use for aiming the laser unit.

This one fits a 3/8 inch collet.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts