HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Well Earl here in Florida weather forcast is like women, quick to change it's mind, never what you expected, but always right. As for the Koverall you could use it for composite work like I do. After seeing this Poly I don't think I will use Koverall for covering again.
Whiskykid, I prefer to think of tomorrows forecast as bright no matter how dark it is.
ace4rc is online now Find More Posts by ace4rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:54 AM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Humph ! I ALWAYS know what the weather will be.........the next day.

We always used the oil cooler opening for single cylinder engines..helped direct air to them..
In your case it's unnecessary anyway, and it does look good, gone.

Highly anticipating the covering efforts, especially after buying 10 yards of Koverall...Dang you ! Closer weave !!! Patootie !
Ya that Koverall is BAD stuff. Since I'm a glutton for punishment Earl, I'll pony up and offer you $1 per yard for all that crappy Koverall. I'll make sure it goes away and is never seen again......

That cowl is looking good. I find the "new" bondo is better to work with. One trick I use, is to not wait until it is rock hard to sand. I test sand and when I find the point where it powders up nicely, I sand my heart out until I'm ready for the next layer.

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:03 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Thank's Ken.
Spent most the day adding a more appropriate oil cooler entrance. Not bad, still needs a little sanding.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:41 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Good thing's come to those who wait. Not only did the package I was waiting for come but so did my paint and pinking tapes. Woo Hoo!
Now I can't wait until tomorrow.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:42 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Tomorrow my butt. The struts have been bolted on. Yea! I know I could have used some other bolts but I like to use what I will use when finished. The incidence is what I was wanting to do a final on before calling the struts done. And the incidence is perfect 0-0 from wing tip to wing tip, stab is 2 and engine is 0. Actually that was the first time I did not have a little twist in it to work out. So, now I can pull the wings off and continue on.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:19 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Earl, I recieved the pics today. Real nice and definately will help on the details.
Thank You!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace4rc View Post
Earl, I recieved the pics today. Real nice and definately will help on the details.
Thank You!!
Coool.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Water Sports
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:29 AM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Sittin here this morning thinking about the turtle deck. I think I am going to use aluminum to replicate the full scale.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:18 AM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
3,892 Posts
I have some 1/8 thick you can have. It's a little tough to work with but you won't have to worry about hanger rash. If you could come up with some wide aluminum tape that would be slick. Cut to shape to simulate panels and stick it on.

Ken
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:38 AM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Ken, Flite metal would fit the bill on the tape, 12 inch wide roll as long as you want it. Peel and stick, and somewhat strechable. I use it for simulated panels, hatches, etc.etc.

Here is what I'm attempting to do. The aluminum panel is cut and taped in place. The leading and bottom edges has a 1/4 in extra for folding inward, black arrows. The front will fold into the cockpit headrest former. And the bottom will fold under the main hardwood stringer, yellow arrow. After folding and fastening I will glue pinking tape around the perimeter. This simulate's the full scale version real well, I believe. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Now to finish it.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:49 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
The panel is done. Now to remove it, clean it, reinstall it, and add the chafe tape to the perimeter as seen in the second pic.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:11 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
The chafing tape has been added and the turtle installed somewhat permanently. Woo Hoo! Gettin there.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:39 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
3,892 Posts
I take it the fabric goes over the aluminum? Or is the fabric attached to the edges of the aluminum?

Ken
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:44 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
The fabric goes over the aluminum.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:12 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,752 Posts
Well I have put it on the scale with everything except the instrument panel and spinner. And it came in at 17.6lbs. So, I am real happy.