HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Discussion
I want this new feature in OSD Pro

I am using my ET+GPS+OSD pro and some sensors when flying multicopter doing AP work and one thing that I really miss is a TIMER so I can see on the OSD how long I have been flying. This is very important, together with how many mAh I have used, to have control over the flight and how much longer I can stay in the air taking pictures. This TIMER should be triggered like fx the mAh and start when the amps go above a certain level.

Also, this TIMER should be placed anywhere I want on the screen as many other values.

I know there is a timer but is actuated differently and have a fixed position which is not good enough.

Thanks,
tritan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Tritan,

Thanks for your feedback. Can you give me a little more information on where you want the timer positioned? Do you want it to be like one of the text parameters (top two or bottom two rows) or would you just want to have a couple of different options for placement?

Regarding triggering the timer, what does "triggered like fx the mAh" mean? Do you mean you just want the timer to be triggered the first time the amps go above a threshold, and to keep running after that?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Tritan,

Thanks for your feedback. Can you give me a little more information on where you want the timer positioned? Do you want it to be like one of the text parameters (top two or bottom two rows) or would you just want to have a couple of different options for placement?
Yes, as one of the text parameters - for me, personally, I would place it close to mAh consumed as these two parameters are very important to me as I fly multicopters doing AP. An airplane without battery power can glide back to ground and a heli can autorotate but there is no such alternatives with multicopters.

Quote:
Regarding triggering the timer, what does "triggered like fx the mAh" mean? Do you mean you just want the timer to be triggered the first time the amps go above a threshold, and to keep running after that?
Yes, exactly. And stop when it goes below - so I can check when landed how many mAh has been drawn and how long time has be gone. This way I can make a decision if I can make another flight on that same battery or I will have to change = safety.

While we are at it, I would also like to have a shielded cable from the OSD Pro to the ImmersionRC 5,8Tx.
A lot of people is using this Tx (same as Fatshark?) as their video Tx as it is considered the best, and I had to make such a cable using your original with the yellow plug so it fit to the plug of the immersioncr. I would really help to have such a cable already made to avoid any interruptions in the video transmitting.

I really appreciate that you take your time and answer requests like this - it is not common in the RC world to have excellent customer service like I have gotten from E.T.

Thanks,
tritan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Last edited by tritan; Dec 12, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Tritan,

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! We've had plans to add options to trigger the flight timer other than GPS lock, and that's where we'd add this.

Re relocating the timer as a text parameter, I think we'd be able to fit it there.

Re the adapter cable, have you checked readymaderc.com? I know Tim has a variety of cables like this.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:24 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Mar 2012
18 Posts
Hi, it would be really nice to change what "on screen menus" show. I would like it to only show..reset home pos and set eagle eyes home position. I'm toggling through so much at the field. It would be a nice feature after you have the initial setup done
rollin3z is offline Find More Posts by rollin3z
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:34 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts
If you set it to exit after selection, then it makes it fewer steps to reset home position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin3z View Post
Hi, it would be really nice to change what "on screen menus" show. I would like it to only show..reset home pos and set eagle eyes home position. I'm toggling through so much at the field. It would be a nice feature after you have the initial setup done
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
297 Posts
I would like to have these features:
1. The ability to clear the buffer ELogger Sticks with the radio on the OSD Display.
2. Having a summary of the data at the end of flight in other popular style OSD systems
Thank you
Gory
goryc is online now Find More Posts by goryc
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:28 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Hi Bill,

Timer would be a good addition. I would use it too.
If you remember I also made a request and you promised a long time ago to add a local time feature to the Windows application. I don't think this ever got done.
I wonder if you guys still have plans for it. I think it would be easier than adding a timer since pretty much everything is there already. All you guys need to add is a timezone selection chart or simply giving us a menu option to enter the time difference manually.
Is this wish going to have a chance?
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:50 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Gory, thanks for the feedback on clearing the log from the menus. I need to think about that one. Others want this? I think we had another request a long time ago, so it's on our list most likely.

Re flight summary, we already support that. Just set the display mode to "toggle" and it will switch between max/min and live values, after you land. Please see page 24 of the manual here for details on how this works, and let me know if we can improve upon this.

iskoos, I remember we talked about this, and we did add the date/local time to the .FDR file (it's the "GPSUTC-ASCII" column in the log). The one limitation of this is that the date is the date of download, but as long as the files are downloaded on the same day as the flight, it should be correct. We had talked about actually logging the date, which we could potentially do. Let me know if I'm forgetting what we talked about!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
Gory, thanks for the feedback on clearing the log from the menus. I need to think about that one. Others want this? I think we had another request a long time ago, so it's on our list most likely.

Re flight summary, we already support that. Just set the display mode to "toggle" and it will switch between max/min and live values, after you land. Please see page 24 of the manual here for details on how this works, and let me know if we can improve upon this.

iskoos, I remember we talked about this, and we did add the date/local time to the .FDR file (it's the "GPSUTC-ASCII" column in the log). The one limitation of this is that the date is the date of download, but as long as the files are downloaded on the same day as the flight, it should be correct. We had talked about actually logging the date, which we could potentially do. Let me know if I'm forgetting what we talked about!
Thanks Bill,
you are always precise and punctual. I had learned this chance to see the max / min! The study immediately.
Tell us or can you tell us something about what is planned for ET at home? I have read that we should expect great things is true?
Gory
goryc is online now Find More Posts by goryc
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:26 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Quote:
Bill, I do remember you mentioned that the dates are already logged in the form of FDR download date. And I made a comment and said that I do not always download the files the same day))
Plus it also depends on the set system time/date. If the time/date is wrong then it won't help.
And are you saying you guys did make a change after this? I am not aware.
So if I want to see the time of flight on any GPS logged flight, what do I do?
And the datewise, it is what I think. Still I would like to see it on windows application screen at least. Or how cool it would be to see it live on the video display overlayed by OSD.
I don't know ; it just seems you guys already have the necessary hardware there. Just need a quick change in the code. But I didn't write the code; maybe it is more complicated than I thought...
I am thinking that it would be a great addition to Eagle Tree system. But I am kind of alone. People don't seem interested. Though I am sure if it was made available, people would use it and like it very much...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Iskoos, thanks, that's what I remember also. Yes, if the date is wrong on your PC, that would be an issue, but the time on your PC would not matter (that's taken from the logged data).

Yes, it's silly we haven't done it. We just need to modify our elogger code to write the date to the log buffer at startup, and change the PC app to parse it in the logged file. Just need to find the time to do it!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:46 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Well, I will keep reminding it
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:23 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
722 Posts
Gain showing

Bill,did you get the Gain " G " on it own place ( not with the T, R, E, )

ThanKs
Eugene
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Eugene,

That has not yet been implemented -- sorry!
Site Sponsor