HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:42 AM
GVA, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
i do have the 5v boost regulator (not installed though), but i doubt it will work as well as just having it run on a seperate battery...
if you have it, just give it a try...
littlepili is offline Find More Posts by littlepili
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:41 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Most important thing is to get the right 5.8ghz gear that uses the same frequency as the Walkera system.
I've tried the 5805 cam/TX with a RC305 5,8GHz RX with no luck (that one)
I've also tried with a recorder with no more luck (there)

I've tried many combinations of switches (not all as I haven't done it mathematically), all I get is snow. It sometimes comes close, but not enough...

Anybody got it to work with other hardware than F7 radio?
fredbotton is offline Find More Posts by fredbotton
Last edited by fredbotton; Jan 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:28 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepili View Post
if you have it, just give it a try...
Do I look like I like soldering? lol... Aghh, maybe when I get bored one day I'll try it out. Right now, my v949, gws props with ladybird v1.0 board needs the extra weight anyway....
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:17 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbotton View Post
I've tried the 5805 cam/TX with a RC305 5,8GHz RX with no luck (that one)
I've also tried with a recorder with no more luck (there)

I've tried many combinations of switches (not all as I haven't done it mathematically), all I get is snow. It sometimes comes close, but not enough...

Anybody got it to work with other hardware than F7 radio?
Earlier in the thread, Tony reported that he used 5645Mhz on the video Tx that he was using and received the video on Ch.1 of the F7 Tx. The RC305's Ch.4 is on 5645Mhz so you should be able to set the Walkera TX5805 on Ch.1 and the RC305 on Ch.4.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:53 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
I purchased the TX5805 camera but haven't received it yet, I wish someone would list all the frequencies and corresponding channels for it. I also purchased a 5.8G 25Mw 90deg. wide angle micro camera from ebay. I initially bought the V2 for my daughter since it's a little less twitchy than the V1. The websites sure don't help with the confusion on what's what with these. As I understand, The V1 is 6 axis and can do flips and rolls, The V2 is 3 axis and can't. The websites say otherwise, Here's the info off of Nitroplanes for the V2.

With a feel reminiscent to that of a hovering beetle, it is no wonder why Walkera chose to name their quad-copter the Ladybird. At only 4in x 4in and just 29 grams, this mini quad-copter is extremely nimble yet stable. Suitable for beginner to expert levels, the Ladybird is simple enough for novice pilots, but can also handle more advanced maneuvers. Equipped with Walkera’s 6 Axis Gyro technology, the quad-copter utilizes an accelerometer to detect movement and compensate for more stability. The Ladybird is usable in two different modes, beginner mode and 3D mode. Beginner mode limits how much the quad-copter can pitch and yaw by utilizing the 6 Axis Gyro. The 3D mode removes that limitation, allowing the quad-copter to “roll” or flip. The included 4 channel 2.4ghz transmitter allows for plenty of user settings along with a dual rate switch to control sensitivity and travel.

And then under "Features".

Features:

Model level and Toy's price which is the best choice for the beginners.
Adopted latest 3-Axis control system, flight more stable,
3D maneuvers more professional.
2.4G Frequency-hopping spread spectrum technology with strong anti-jamming , which can control more than 100M.
Compatible with DEVO series radioevo 12S/8S/10/7/7E/6S/2402D.
Cute and lifelike appearance similar to Ladybird.

Then to top it all off there's a video of the V2 with the new Devo4 demonstrating the flight mode switch. I know from pictures that the V2 is missing the accelerometer and the update ports but maybe the new one has both the gyro and accelerometer on the same chip, IDK?. Also to add to the confusion, I have found a version called the Dexterous, I think this is a V1 with the ability to switch the roll function on and off. So it seems there are 3 or 4 different versions of the ladybird perhaps. So if I am correct, The V1 is 6 axis and old firmware, The Dexterous is 6 axis with new firmware and the V2 is supposedly 3 axis but what about the V2 video where they change flight modes?.
Walkera DEVO 4 with QR Ladybird V2 Flight Mode Switch Tutorial (1 min 39 sec)

I also plan on making a charge harness for 3 1s packs and will use a 3b 110v charger for them as I have ordered 5 350mah 25c 1s batteries for it as well.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:29 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget-Geek View Post
Earlier in the thread, Tony reported that he used 5645Mhz on the video Tx that he was using and received the video on Ch.1 of the F7 Tx. The RC305's Ch.4 is on 5645Mhz so you should be able to set the Walkera TX5805 on Ch.1 and the RC305 on Ch.4.
I have just tried that. The signal is close, but it remains snow, I'm still far from a clear image (see attached screenshot - the small grey thing on the right is the RC305 ).
I have tried with 2 different TC305s and various antennas without any significant change. I actually get the same image on my 5,8 GHz video recorder (without the help of the RC305).
It could be a faulty TX5805, but I can't say without a F7 radio... (or can I ?)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:13 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
That is strange, Tony was using a different brand VTx and received video on the F7 so you think the TX5805 would be able to work with the VRx that was meant for the other VTx. I am beginning to think your 5805 has a bad antenna on it, Try placing your VRx about 6ft. off the ground and see if that helps, Also make sure no other 5.8g equipment is around. Most new cordless phones are 5.8g and there are 5.8g WiFi routers. You might want to try outside or in another location, That's about the only other thing that I can think of at the moment.
Last edited by Gadget-Geek; Jan 13, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:32 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
That is strange, Tony was using a different brand VTx and received video on the F7 so you think the TX5805 would be able to work with the VRx that was meant for the other VTx. I am beginning to think your 5805 has a bad antenna on it, Try placing your VRx about 6ft. off the ground and see if that helps, Also make sure no other 5.8g equipment is around. Most new cordless phones are 5.8g and there are 5.8g WiFi routers. You might want to try outside or in another location, That's about the only other thing that I can think of at the moment.
Well, signal totaly fades out to show snow as soon as I get 3 feet away from the TX5805.
I have tried to gently shake the antenna, didn't make a difference.
The base of the antenna seems well fixed, although I can't see well - it is under a heavy glue layer... I haven't removed the plastic protection yet to see if something faulty of the board.
The TX heats a bit, but not as much as some mini camera/tx boards I have...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:09 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbotton View Post
Well, signal totaly fades out to show snow as soon as I get 3 feet away from the TX5805.
I have tried to gently shake the antenna, didn't make a difference.
The base of the antenna seems well fixed, although I can't see well - it is under a heavy glue layer... I haven't removed the plastic protection yet to see if something faulty of the board.
The TX heats a bit, but not as much as some mini camera/tx boards I have...
Where did you find the TX5805 in stock?
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:20 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Not knowing if your VTx is faulty or not is going to make it impossible to verify what frequencies work. Maybe Tony could cycle through his F7 channels one by one and verify what frequencies each channel corresponds to. Also, Many report that the 5805 gets pretty warm under normal conditions. Most of the antennas that come with the VRx's are not very good so if you don't have anything other than what came with your RC305 it will be hard to eliminate that as a cause.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:23 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11369
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:02 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
That was ChineseJade, but they're out of stock now...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:05 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Not knowing if your VTx is faulty or not is going to make it impossible to verify what frequencies work. Maybe Tony could cycle through his F7 channels one by one and verify what frequencies each channel corresponds to. Also, Many report that the 5805 gets pretty warm under normal conditions. Most of the antennas that come with the VRx's are not very good so if you don't have anything other than what came with your RC305 it will be hard to eliminate that as a cause.
Ok. I'll try to get my hands on a F7 radio, this should tell me if something's wrong with my 5805 - or some other equipment I use (including me )
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:16 PM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Most of the antennas that come with the VRx's are not very good so if you don't have anything other than what came with your RC305 it will be hard to eliminate that as a cause.
Sorry I forgot to mention I've tried with a small PinWheel antenna, and a high gain one (the grey squared plastic kind). Same results...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:43 PM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Well I guess that rules out the antennas, Just want to confirm that Ch.1 on the 5805 is with all dip switches down or closest to the numbers.