HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:27 AM
Nederland, Gelderland, Wijchen
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
So i could just solder the wires directly to the 3-way switch and I am done? that sounds t easy to be possible but ill try hahah :P
Wartexx is offline Find More Posts by Wartexx
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:02 AM
GVA, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
Nice little camera. What is the weight without the connector ?
without shrink and connector but with 10 cm of wire and micro jst : 3.65gr
same without antenna: 3.40gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiOi View Post
But honestly. I really don't think they are necessary. Just try to keep your wires short.
Well, it seems that I lost my time... but, at least, I increased my solder skills a bit
littlepili is offline Find More Posts by littlepili
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
Finaly got my stuf, the hobbyking rc305, and the chinesejade tx5805, on it is written an versionnumber, hope you guys can read it, but it says, 2.1 do you guys have any idea if this might be a sign for the band or mw? Im going to break up the rc305 tonight and try to solder a 3-way switch in it. It is MUCH smaller than I expected... Hope I do not break it while soldering. I got some weird deformed immage on my goggles btw, but not flyable, resolution is VERY nice

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:22 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2007
414 Posts
Still waiting on mine to arrive. Hope your mod will do what we expect.
marco899 is offline Find More Posts by marco899
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
188 Posts
Mine reads also 2.1, and I got the 200mW "B" version...
So I don't think it has a connection with the used TX-board or band...
It's probably really just the main board PCB-revision number.

Edit:
Someone already posted some pictures from the Devo F7 from the FCC-report. Finally I found it myself.
Here is a link to the PDF of the internals:
http://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1892616
(seems, like direct links don't work. Just go to https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm and enter as product code "devo")

If I look at that, I can only come to one conclusion: The people designing this transmitter are blessed by complete ignorance!
It is really ridiculous, the VRX-Antenna is really directly behind all the springs cables etc.
You will never get any good performance like that. This actually makes this Transmitter only usable for very short distance FPV.
And that's IMHO really ridiculous, I really almost cannot believe this, for they simply could've put the VRX antenna in the front of the Transmitter.
Just like Hubsan did in theirs. Come on, Walkera: If Hubsan can do it, why not you??? Hubsan even used a BiQuad in theirs.
I really cannot explain such a design, but with sheer and pure ignorance from the designers, not having any clue about the technical aspects...

Please don't get me wrong, I like Walkera, and have many Walkera helis. But here, they IMHO first made this misdesign on the TX5805 by making it unnecessary very heavy, and then by this unbelievable ridiculous antenna placement in the Devo F7...
This is a clear thumbs down for me, for the current Walkera FPV tries.
But as often, maybe they get better on the next few iterations.
As we are used to: Seems Walkera products typically ripe at the customer...as they outsourced technical knowledge to the customer...

Edit2:
BTW. Maybe at some time, this is interesting for someone. The boost-converter used on the TX5805 is a LT3467A. This means, it should be capable of delivering about 600mA (if you every wanna connect something else...).
BTW: The input and output capacitor of the LT3467A are 33uF , as is also the final output capacitor of the 3.3V LDO.
OiOi is offline Find More Posts by OiOi
Last edited by OiOi; Feb 14, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
Well, i thougt if i just solder a wire from the BX point on the rc305 to the 4th (unused? ) dipswitch, i can switch to the E channel wich is supposed to be the channel my chinesejade TX5805 is working on, and everything is done...
Doesn't seem that simple because all im getting is a small glitch when switching the pin, and then just the same grey snowy immage. It could be im interpreting the channel mapping layout somboddy posted a while a go wrong, because i dont get why it says : al pins are 1 unless connected to gnd, and what i am doing now is connecting BX to ground ? So that means im not getting band E if the previous statement is right...
Im quite lost actualy , here's a pic of the current layout.

Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:31 AM
GVA, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2010
56 Posts
Well, considering that you solderings are ok (difficult to see), on your picture we can see that your receiver is on band B (4th switch down = ground = pin8 is 0) 5'866 mhz (switch 1,2,3 are up = not connected to ground = 111)

The TX5805 from chinesejade is also on band B... You should be able to receive the picture send from the camera. Do not change anything on the receiver and try with all the switch down on the Tx5805 and if it is not working, try with all the switch up on the tx5805...
littlepili is offline Find More Posts by littlepili
Last edited by littlepili; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
Wel soldering seems to be o.k. because i do see a change in signal when i flip the switch. I will test it tonight when I get back from work ( i think i will just desolder the tx5805 's 4th pin to make it the same band as the default rc305 if it doesn't work) I dont want to fiddle to much with the receiver, as it will increase the interference.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
U genius it works ^^
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Apr 2009
188 Posts
Congrats!

BTW: I have been requested to give a detailed description of the 3-way-switch mod.
And as I ordered another RC305 about a week ago, I will make a step by step explanation with pictures this time. But I won't post it here, as it isn't specifically Walkera FPV.
OiOi is offline Find More Posts by OiOi
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:07 PM
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
I will post some experiences later on, to busy trying now ^^, only problem I am having right now, is my poor old battery's being to old to power my lb for longer than a minute with this weigt.... Actualy im blaming the connectors as they are becomming extremely hot...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Aug 2005
85 Posts
So, finnished flying, the reason my lb wouldn't go up, where the hobbyking nanotech batteries connectors, not being soldered on, but only clamped. That is why they got hot, and the lb didn't have enough power. After applying a dot of solder to the connectors, my lb flew like never before. I am actualy quite sure of the tx5805 being 200mw, because I can fly all around the house with standart antenna's , and I am not able able to leave the room with the 10mw immersion I have laying around.
THe signal is realy good, as is the video quality. Extremely sharp , no lines, no vibrations. Im quite happy actualy. Connected it to our 39" tv for some flying, here's a pic as example.

Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:47 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2007
414 Posts
Nice
marco899 is offline Find More Posts by marco899
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:35 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartexx View Post
So, finnished flying, the reason my lb wouldn't go up, where the hobbyking nanotech batteries connectors, not being soldered on, but only clamped. That is why they got hot, and the lb didn't have enough power. After applying a dot of solder to the connectors, my lb flew like never before. I am actualy quite sure of the tx5805 being 200mw, because I can fly all around the house with standart antenna's , and I am not able able to leave the room with the 10mw immersion I have laying around.
THe signal is realy good, as is the video quality. Extremely sharp , no lines, no vibrations. Im quite happy actualy. Connected it to our 39" tv for some flying, here's a pic as example.

Impressive work getting the standard receiver to work with the tx5805.
*Thumbs Up*

I tried putting a 10mw vtx on my window sill that's 50m above ground and I could get a clear image standing at 150m away from the building at ground level.
That's with using a cloverleaf on the 10mw vtx and a spw (4 leaves clover) on the rc305.

If the tx5805 is producing 200mw, then 300m is not a problem if you use high-gain RHCP antennae.

Here's a video of my "LR" ladybird (recently upgraded for Long Range). I'm very happy with its performance now.

FPV Ladybird - Long Range (2 min 42 sec)
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:22 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiOi View Post
Congrats!

BTW: I have been requested to give a detailed description of the 3-way-switch mod.
And as I ordered another RC305 about a week ago, I will make a step by step explanation with pictures this time. But I won't post it here, as it isn't specifically Walkera FPV.
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack