HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Discussion
99% Done TOW Defender

Watch it in HD as the lighting was really crappy that day.

Century Hughes 500MD Tow Defender (4 min 52 sec)
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,464 Posts
Looks really nice. I am dyin' to get mine now, sigh. Would you tak a picture of the nose off of the body so I can see how much sticks ahead of the join of the body and canopy but taken from the side as well. It will give me a very good idea how mine may turn out with the Logo chassis inside it. Thanks.

I know it is a new heli and that is why some moves may be a bit tentitive because of that but if you have not tried this, add a LOT of exponential to your aileron and elevator. I was at a flying meet last year and one of the more experienced flyers was watching my Jet Ranger. He noticed that the heli seemed to twitch a lot while in flight and asked me how much expo I had on the controls. I think I was in the 10 to 15% area. He said try adding 45+% to it and it will smooth out the little bumps that are caused by finger interaction with the sticks. Ever since then, my scale heli's (did this to all of them) look like they are flying on a track in the air.

I love the moving missile sight and that is the second one I have seen recently with it. I have a ton of micro servos sitting around my bench and it is about time they got put to use. That is one of the first operational items on my agenda. I just ordered the receiver extension to add 8 channels to the receiver so I will create either a mix or a separate sequence to operate the sight. By the way, did the kit come with the side windows or did you add them? Take care and nice flying.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Hi,

I added the windows myself. It only comes with the windshields.

The twitchness is due to the FBL module which is terrible. Maybe I'll replace it with something better. It was the first flight and it takes time to get used to. I already have 40% on...

Be well.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:31 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Nice detail shots, and nice heli . What FBL unit?
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:53 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,464 Posts
Thanks. Those shots have answered a lot of questions for me.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
now thats a nice heli !!! love sthe sound of that head . good job
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
Nice detail shots, and nice heli . What FBL unit?
You won't believe it... an old Turnigy VBAR 600 (SGJD Clone...)