HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jjmelo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
Build Log
New Scratch-built plane: Kondor FPV

Hey gang!

I started working on a new scratch-built plane, using some techniques from Ed @Experimental Airlines (mainly, the Armin wing). I call it the Kondor FPV. Its 40in. long with a 60" wingspan. Its a boxy-design that opens up in the front and the back.

The design is heavily inspired by the Borjet MAJA.

It has a Turnigy D3536/8 1000KV way in the back, turning a 10X7 Prop, running on a 50 AMP ESC (also Turnigy).

It is tail-heavy by design, so I can fit 2 X 3,000 maH 4-cell LiPo in the front, along with 2 cameras, a high-def for recording and a board-cam for the FPV setup.
jjmelo is offline Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Das Ugly Stik Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,821 Posts

Waiting On your project buddy!
Looks good so far

p.s.
do you make scratch builds a lot?
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
Ed @ Experimental Airlines
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2011
457 Posts
That's cool man. I'm interested to see how the pusher works with the standard planform. I actually started the Peace Drone like this and it turned into a canard coz it was so tail heavy. Please give observations on your experiences, videos bonus!

Live easy,
Ed
ExperimentalAir is offline Find More Posts by ExperimentalAir
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
Video

Hey Ed! I've watched every single one of your videos! I've made a Axon, Peace Drone and a Photon. Thanks for your building techniques, especially the Armin wing, I've made a ton of those and the last one I did for this plane was the cleanest one yet!

I have 2 flight videos of the Kondor FPV, including an onboard video. Check the posts out. It flies great!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1787529

and

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1787531
jjmelo is offline Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Das Ugly Stik Review