Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:53 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Mini Yak at the Race Track...
I am hoping to get up North of Denver this coming week end for an indoor event, for any locals that might be interested...
cdee
PM sent....
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Alright! Here are the first picture together with a close up on the motor I will use.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Nice one cdee.

I figured you would be the first Stark. Post some pics man! And video of course.

The waiting is always the sad part. Got the new mcpx to keep me busy and of course the rest of my TH hanger. Really going to need the dx8 if I keep them all.
This sounds all too familiar... I just bought an MCPX and a DX8 about two months ago. I LOVE them both. I too will be in mcpx land until I can get the funds to order a mini and some decent weather.... It's been pretty wet up here.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Alright! Here are the first picture together with a close up on the motor I will use.
How did you get yours so quick Stark and where did you order from RCF direct ?

@Aviefly and MikeSmart.

Looks like Mark(ParkAero) wont be stocking the mini after all as it would work out to expensive in the UK Market
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,334 Posts
Oh you lucky guy Stark. Looks like you're are set so start building man! Should be interesting with that T-Motor.

JForbes I knew I was going to get the DX8 outgrew the 6i with my current planes. The mcpx was a steal at 100 bucks so I snagged it plus another stryker 180. Now I got to get used to the programming on the 8, oh joy.

Kris, I think Stark got his from a swiss shop that had a couple in stock. Man that would stink if you guys can't get the mini.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Oh you lucky guy Stark. Looks like you're are set so start building man! Should be interesting with that T-Motor.
Kris, I think Stark got his from a swiss shop that had a couple in stock. Man that would stink if you guys can't get the mini.
Not Swiss, I got the plane from a Swedish shop. It's not the same country, not even close. There is the Baltic Sea between and then some other countries.

Yes, I'm still little uncertain of that motor. I've just learned that a store is stocking the fantastic Dualsky motor+esc combination here in Sweden.
The plane will be 3-4 grams lighter with that combo.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post

@Aviefly and MikeSmart.

Looks like Mark(ParkAero) wont be stocking the mini after all as it would work out to expensive in the UK Market
Dang thats hard luck. What about robotbirds?
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:30 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Not seen any mention of it in the UK wonder if it's the motor that is pricing it out for us?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:34 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Not seen any mention of it in the UK wonder if it's the motor that is pricing it out for us?
Perhaps we could try Richards Swedish shop? Or order it from USA.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
It would be more expensive to order from USA, especially if you get stung for VAT when it comes in. It would be better to find it in the EU to avoid that but even then with the exchange rates it would still work out pretty steep. Just goes to show what a great job Mark has been doing for us, must be a real hard job with todays economics.

It's strange that Stark managed to get it in Sweden, it's not even listed on RCF's own site.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post

@Aviefly and MikeSmart.

That's not good news, I quite fancied one of these for indoor and I had some 2s 250 lipos doing nothing
Prices are creeping up though, I only just noticed that the Crack Yak Lite is more expensive than the Crack Yak, not quite sure how that works, but maybe it is indicative of what the Mini might cost us here in the UK?

Yes I'm intrigued how Stark has one and we don't, I know that we are always the last to get anything, but I thought thats what the EU was all about

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,039 Posts
Quote:
You can buy the DualSky XM2212RTR-25 Motor/ESC for £32.92 from kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk. That doesn't seem too bad.

I wonder if we could get hold of just the airframe and source the electronics separately?
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:03 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,334 Posts
So far this thread is just two days old and it's smoking from the reads and all. I think the mini line may have a market.

Man you guys in the UK don't get any love. Hopefully you'll be able to get this one afterall. (crossing fingers)
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:38 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Correct mate a better motor/esc combination than the recommended DualSky set up can not be found. The problem is the kit will be the same price as a standard Crack Lite and the motor/esc from the distributors for DualSky in the UK is Area51 its just over £32. Itís a very expensive little model so I totally agree with Mark not to stock this one.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
...It's strange that Stark managed to get it in Sweden, it's not even listed on RCF's own site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
...Yes I'm intrigued how Stark has one and we don't, I know that we are always the last to get anything, but I thought thats what the EU was all about ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Perhaps we could try Richards Swedish shop? Or order it from USA.
I usually use this shop, but I actually got the tips of that the Mini was in stock here on RCGroups. Turned out that they had got a pre-series batch of three and I was lucky enough to get one of these.
Unfortunatly I don't think they take international orders, but if they do that, the Mini will be restocked again after New Year.