HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:23 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Nice video's guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Avie how you getting on with yours is it built yet ?
No not yet. Set it out on the bench last weekend and haven't been back to it since. Got a few day's off now though so I should get chance to make it out to the shed at some point.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:44 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Nice video's guys

No not yet. Set it out on the bench last weekend and haven't been back to it since. Got a few day's off now though so I should get chance to make it out to the shed at some point.
Mine is still in its box also will get around to it some time this summer
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:52 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Slackers
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jan 2013
110 Posts
Mine all arrived Friday. I just got done modifying 2 Dell server PSUs for my new icharger and have about 4 hours left in a custom tube guitar amp build and then the little Yak will go together in a few days. Looks like a neat little airplane. It'll go good with my Flash 3D EPP foamie.
iamtheav8r is offline Find More Posts by iamtheav8r
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:33 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
795 Posts
FEBSTYLE CRACK YAK MINI 021113 (4 min 39 sec)

You always have fun with this very solid little EPP masterpiece! Keep them servos comin... mini-plane thinks they're yummy!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:01 AM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Keep them servos comin... mini-plane thinks they're yummy!
That's one hungry little plane. I saw it take a bite out if the ceiling and a couple of little planes. It doesn't care, it just keeps coming back for more!

I see you're living up to your name and doing more types of rollers than you can shake a stick at. Some nice tidy rolling loops there!

I've been practising slow, 360 degree rollers with my Mini. I love the way this little plane locks into a knife edge.
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:55 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post

I've been practising slow, 360 degree rollers with my Mini. I love the way this little plane locks into a knife edge.
Agree! KE is very solid on all the crack series planes. Not much coupling at all whick is amazing. Slow rolling circles are a real good way to learn! Learn your most natural one and then switch sides of the aileron to try your second variation. Thanks for watching!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,101 Posts
Quote:
Agree! KE is very solid on all the crack series planes. Not much coupling at all whick is amazing. Slow rolling circles are a real good way to learn! Learn your most natural one and then switch sides of the aileron to try your second variation. Thanks for watching!
I didn't have the opportunity outside my house to learn rolling circles. I am moving in a couple weeks, so I can't even fly her . I can do awesome KE and loops, and crazy flat spins, but didn't have room outside my house. I have been too busy with taking care of my 10 month old, I have limited outside time!

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:44 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,192 Posts
Looks like some one is having a lot of fun with the mini. Nice video bud!

Life and weather kept me from flying last weekend, I did get a few packs on the mini one evening though. Being able to fly in a smaller area helps keep the thumbs working.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:31 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Quote:
http://youtu.be/IiQ3DSDae-s

You always have fun with this very solid little EPP masterpiece! Keep them servos comin... mini-plane thinks they're yummy!
Nice flying man!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:02 AM
Yard Dart
United States, TN, Woodbury
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
Whats a good servo to replace the factory aileron servo. Tried of hearing the gears stripping.
Letzrock is offline Find More Posts by Letzrock
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:05 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letzrock View Post
Whats a good servo to replace the factory aileron servo. Tried of hearing the gears stripping.
JR 188. Fast, awesome resolution, centers really well and plenty of torque.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
900 Posts
Quote:
When I first built mine, the aileron servo was making a terrible noise and I was convinced it had stripped. After loosening up the ailerons and scraping some glue from the z-bends, I haven't had any trouble since. Might you be having the same issue?
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:41 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Whilst I haven't tried the stock servos, I'm having an awesome time with the 5035HDs! Whilst they're about two to three times the price of the stock servos, they feel very precise + smooth and appear to have virtually no blowback whatsoever.

Apart from the price, the only other two slight disadvantages are they're a tad smaller (actually sort of good for the aileron as it means you can run the wire straight down through the slot) and they're a tad heavier. To remedy the former issue, just make sure you use enough glue to hold them down and stick a tiny piece of card in-between the servo and foam just to tighten it a tad (only necessarily for the aileron I found)

They come with a super long servo arm for the aileron by the way. Now I was told that I should use the kit's servo arm as it eliminates differential problems. However, I've had absolutely no problem with the Hitec arm + it looks quite a bit cleaner in my opinion. Picture of mine here: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...-209-image.jpg

The JR 188 as STLAV8R recommends also looks sweet!
RCPilot1234 is online now Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Discovery Pro Test
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:23 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,192 Posts
Yeah the JRs do look like a nice servo. Knock on wood I haven't had any troubles with the stock ones. I am interested in trying digitals at a later time.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot