HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:13 PM
United States, SD, Worthing
Joined Jul 2008
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letzrock View Post
Fully charged and balanced battery. I bet I spent 2 hours trying everything to get it to work. 2 different rx's and 2 different tx's. Tried different battery's hooked both rx's to different esc. I ran out of things to try.
It's bad. Don't waste any more time with testing. I had the same thing happen to mine when 1 of the servo wires "shorted". I think the esc part of it is bad. This is the only downfall to this combo setup. You can't change just 1 component to test or get you back in the air.
ericrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by ericrcpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:48 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Good information, thanks for sharing. I think I'll set up my servo's and linkages powering the rx off a four cell nicad pack to make sure all is good before I hook up my RTR then.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:51 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,163 Posts
Did you get everything for your mini Avie?
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:34 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I got a note through the door today. There is a parcel waiting for me at the post office, I can only think it will be my RTR motor/esc

Nearly pay day too so I can order myself a shed full of batteries
Am I right in saying you got this from Area 51? I'm on their website now and it says out of stock And the French place FlashRC I've ordered mine from still hasn't arrived.

Thanks!
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Discovery Pro Test
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:39 PM
United Kingdom, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2005
78 Posts
i'm building my mini right now and wondering if i can put the servos in later and just finish the airframe build?

i'm also waiting on the motor/servos from area 51, i was told they were due this week.

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline Find More Posts by raptorheli2
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, SD, Worthing
Joined Jul 2008
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorheli2 View Post
i'm building my mini right now and wondering if i can put the servos in later and just finish the airframe build?

i'm also waiting on the motor/servos from area 51, i was told they were due this week.

cheers
You can put them in later. That is what I did.
ericrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by ericrcpilot
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:35 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Did you get everything for your mini Avie?
Not quite, I still need to order packs and 7x3.5props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Am I right in saying you got this from Area 51? I'm on their website now and it says out of stock And the French place FlashRC I've ordered mine from still hasn't arrived.

Thanks!
Mmmm so it does. Can't think what else it could be though maybe they all got preordered with the Mini's coming into the country. I'll find out later
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:40 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Avie which Lipo's you gonna get ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:10 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Duno yet I can't find many options for us unless you've come across something. It looks like its gona have to be nano's, I might go for the umx type to save weight and fit the right connector on the esc. Last time I looked HK UK had them in stock in 180's and 300's.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:26 AM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
898 Posts
Quote:
Last time I looked HK UK had them in stock in 180's and 300's.
I'm using the 300 nanos, which give me a good 5 minutes of flight time. They come down warm but not hot at the end of a flight. I guess this indicates their 35-70C rating is a bit of a joke.

Given that the 300s end up warm, I wonder how the 180s would hold up. Is anyone using 180s on their Mini? What brand/C rating are you using?
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:59 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Duno yet I can't find many options for us unless you've come across something. It looks like its gona have to be nano's, I might go for the umx type to save weight and fit the right connector on the esc. Last time I looked HK UK had them in stock in 180's and 300's.
I got a few Hyperion 180's been good lipos in the past which i will give a go going to get some 300 nanos as well.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:51 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Mmmm so it does. Can't think what else it could be though maybe they all got preordered with the Mini's coming into the country. I'll find out later
Indeed, these certainly are popular! Thanks for enquiring

Well, good news everyone, my motor arrived Got it from FlashRC. Delivery seemed fairly quick actually, about 3-5 days. Maybe I was a bit quick to jump the gun here wanting to order one from the UK thinking it wouldn't arrive for ages.

Link to it here (stock indicator says in stock so hopefully they have a good amount left ): http://www.flashrc.com/dualsky/8378-...160kv_42w.html

When signing up to the site, if I went through Google Translate it wouldn't work properly with the site rendering really strangely and items not being added to the cart. Instead just do it in French. Most stuff is fairly self explanatory Bear in mind in French the UK is called 'Royaume-Uni' so don't be looking under 'U' when selecting country. Also, I remember when ordering there and typing in delivery address there was another code on top of the standard postcode. As I understand you don't need to fill this in if you're not going to be shipping it to a French destination. Although I might be wrong there so take my word with a pinch of salt
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Discovery Pro Test
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:49 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
828 Posts
I have some 180's I got from HK a while back. don't remember the brand offhand, but they are in blue shrinkwrap, but I don't think they are sky or turnigy, but I don't really remember. I can check tonight. They do fine. I set my timer for 3 1/2 to 4 mins and did okay. Grant it, I was flying easy and had a LOT of stop and go's (crash and go's).
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:20 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,173 Posts
Here's a quick vid of me flying in my backyard. I love the plane so far just need to find more flying time I've had the plane since it was released and only have 4 flights so far

Twisted Hobbys crack yak mini (2 min 6 sec)
jamesrini is online now Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:12 PM
80s called they want FLA back
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Rockin it James! That was awesome.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0