HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:33 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Update: Everything ordered bar the motor! Let's hope I get it all by Saturday for a nice weekend build
Wow. Are you on night shift

Area51 are supposed to have stock of the RTR sometime this week. The guy told me to order by phone as the postage would be cheaper. They have some DualSky 3.7g digi servo's too, don't know how good they are though. Hope this helps. I'm off to look for your YouTube channel.

Edit: you got some toy's. Looks like some good stuff, I'll spend a while perusing those later.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Last edited by Aviefly; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:48 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
I'm using the Dualsky 3.7 grams (DS3103) in my Mini and they are excellent. Very good centering, react to every click of trim, fast and strong. I was worried that it shouldn't be strong enough for the ailerons, but my concerns was unfounded, it works great!
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:53 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Francis good to have you on board mate i was wondering when you might fall for the mini
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:15 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Did you get yours yet Kris?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:31 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Update: Everything ordered bar the motor! Let's hope I get it all by Saturday for a nice weekend build
Rc you will love the mini crack yak. It doesnt float like the 32" yak but still flys great. You have to be on your toes with this one lol

Update about the motor I returned to RB. Still no email reply back as I have sent 2.
Give it to the weekened or I will have to contact paypal. I dont like slating anyone on a forum but I very much doubt I will use him again, or if I do I will make 100% sure its the correct thing in the first place.
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:46 AM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,091 Posts
Left over parts?

Does anyone know what these left over parts are for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishawhunk View Post
Update about the motor I returned to RB. Still no email reply back as I have sent 2.
Just keep sending emails. After over a month and 3 emails, I finally got a reply. At least I know he received my package now!
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:54 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post

Just keep sending emails. After over a month and 3 emails, I finally got a reply. At least I know he received my package now!
I dont think the circles are for anything or at least I didnt use them. the rectangular piece if for the UC I think.

Ye about the motors mate I will.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,091 Posts
Quote:
The rectangular piece is for the UC I think.
Ah that makes sense! I filled the hole where that goes with glue.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:31 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Ah that makes sense! I filled the hole where that goes with glue.
You should be fine. Just watch the landings
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:46 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Did you build it with uhupor?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:57 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Did you build it with uhupor?
Mostly uhupor but with some E6000 on the nose, wingtips and anywhere else that I thought might get bashed. I also used E6000 to secure the landing gear and all over the feet.

I find that after a few E6000 repairs, my planes pretty much stop breaking. Can you tell that I like E6000.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:19 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
Quote:

As mentioned the rectangle is for reinforcing the part where the gear goes through. You will be fine without it.

The circles can be stacked together to make spacers for standing the motor off of the motor mount if you lose the plastic spacers that come with it. So you probably won't need them.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:16 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Did you get yours yet Kris?
Yes got mine today had to pick it up from the post office as i was out yesterday when it was delivered like you
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:22 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,091 Posts
Protecting ESC with CorrosionX

This morning after a snowy landing, my motor started twitching for the third time in as many days. Luckily I'd already ordered some CorrosionX and it arrived a short time later.

I put the motor/ESC in a cup and added CorrosionX until it just covered the ESC. After swishing it around a bit I dabbed it with a paper towel before screwing it back onto the plane.

The snow is starting to melt now so it's pretty wet outside. I'm happy to report no more twitching after nosing it into the snow a few times! Before it was twitching with very little provocation. After the dunking it received this afternoon, I'm pretty confident this stuff works well.

Thanks Aviefly for the suggestion. This was a much better idea than my original one of using PlastiDip. It's lighter and a lot easier to cover everywhere it's needed. My multirotor KK2 board will be next in line for treatment.
Last edited by jcansdale; Jan 23, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:36 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
This is great! going have to get some of this for my quad FC boards nice find Avie !