hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:19 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Where ya been jimbo? Been talking about it in the owners thread for the past few pages.
Hiding from the rain.

Wow, looks like i need one too.

Looks like the perfect Christmas Day Party Indoor flyer!

Great work Twisted, you certainly know how to keep us spending.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:27 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,923 Posts
I love my twisted stuff, but it's pretty hard to justify spending $71 + shipping for a 21" flat foam kit.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:51 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,519 Posts
this is awesome!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
I'm so getting this plane!! Wow The pilot is fantastic.
I really love all of the twisted hobbies products and service.
So glad I found them. I'm now actually flying instead of spending money and getting CA all over my fingers. I bought the light kit I bought two sets and I fly night and day the plane really rocks the one that I have is the 32 inch. the 3cell set-up is sick!
I'm really learning a lot since I got this plane. Finally feels like 3-D flight is within my capabilities. I really suck at Balancing props. I wish they would sell props already balanced.
I never knew how important that really is. I've been flying planes for five years without ever balancing a prop.
Oh hi everyone I'm new here :-)
SeanBogunia is offline Find More Posts by SeanBogunia
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:54 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBogunia View Post
So glad I found them. I'm now actually flying instead of spending money and getting CA all over my fingers. I bought the light kit I bought two sets and I fly night and day the plane really rocks the one that I have is the 32 inch. the 3cell set-up is sick!
I'm really learning a lot since I got this plane. Finally feels like 3-D flight is within my capabilities. I really suck at Balancing props. I wish they would sell props already balanced.
I never knew how important that really is. I've been flying planes for five years without ever balancing a prop.
of course we all want it but i dont have the batteries for it.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBogunia View Post
SeanBogunia - welcome to Club Crack!!
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,519 Posts
dang you guys are quick to respond!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:59 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
of course we all want it but i dont have the batteries for it.
There are some (batteries) on the Twisted Site that are the perfect size. Any thing from a 180mAh to 250mAh 2s pack will work, and for those thinking about 3s... not necessary, the power combo motor rocks on the 250mAh 2s packs and 7x3.5prop.
cdee
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:01 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,385 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Going get one ordered once I get paid for a job. Like I really need another foamie but it's just the right size for my yard.

Nice work on the manual cdee. Are going get some video go the wee mini too?
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:03 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Welcome to the club!

Going get one ordered once I get paid for a job. Like I really need another foamie but it's just the right size for my yard.
....and they are small enough to store anywhere.!! You could even have several and not take up much storage space...
cdee
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:12 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Insane flying Cody

So what are your thoughts of the Mini compared to the Crack Lite ?
Thank you!

The plane is very different in the air from the Lite. The Lite is really trying to close the performance gap between EPP and depron, but the mini is in a different class by itself. It is quick and fast paced when you open the throttle, but it can also fly slow and precise when you want it to. Combined with the fact that it eats up less space, it's pretty much my favorite practice airplane at the moment, for indoors or the backyard. The original concept behind the Crack Yak was a "Pocket Rocket" for practicing Xtreme Aerobatics, and the mini takes that philosophy to the next level.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:14 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,380 Posts
I've been waiting for a plane this size. Just pre-ordered one. I was hoping it would take the Beast v1 guts. I went and ordered the full power/servo kit instead. Looks like a winner for the single basket-ball gym we fly in. Welders glue in the box as well. It will be my first time using this which is a surprise. I'm a big fan of UHU Por but figured I'd go with the full recommended set up including the glue.

I hope they ship soon.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:22 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
I've been waiting for a plane this size. Just pre-ordered one. I was hoping it would take the Beast v1 guts. I went and ordered the full power/servo kit instead. Looks like a winner for the single basket-ball gym we fly in. Welders glue in the box as well. It will be my first time using this which is a surprise. I'm a big fan of UHU Por but figured I'd go with the full recommended set up including the glue.

I hope they ship soon.
Welders is very similar to UHU Por, but it's cheaper, a little tougher, and eats all foams other than EPP. You should have no issues with it.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:34 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
....and they are small enough to store anywhere.!! You could even have several and not take up much storage space...
cdee
Oh I'm going have a couple I'm sure just need to ditch a few of the bigger ones first. My apartment will thank me considering it looks like a foamie factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Thank you!

The plane is very different in the air from the Lite. The Lite is really trying to close the performance gap between EPP and depron, but the mini is in a different class by itself. It is quick and fast paced when you open the throttle, but it can also fly slow and precise when you want it to. Combined with the fact that it eats up less space, it's pretty much my favorite practice airplane at the moment, for indoors or the backyard. The original concept behind the Crack Yak was a "Pocket Rocket" for practicing Xtreme Aerobatics, and the mini takes that philosophy to the next level.
Thanks, for the write up Cody. Judging by your video this one is what I really like.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot