HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:37 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,444 Posts
I like my original prodij's they are tough, really tough. Fly in almost all conditions and turn really nice, if you are into 60" MOM races. They are also easy to repair, if you have an accident.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:59 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakumann View Post
But just saying plane x is good has not much value, only if it's based on some comparison to similar models, and hopefully not versus an EG or Zagi.
Flying speed comparison possibly only valuable if actualy measured or by man on man flight.
um, yeah..... I think that's a given....Should I have mentioned the fundamentally obvious?

There are a heap of posts in here comparing like for like planes, especially the first bunch of posts.

It may not be a useful thread for you, but for me it's got some good info from guys comparing planes they own.......and that's good enough for me

P.S the OP wanted to know the "hottest" 60" racer....I'd say the naked carbon one sitting in the sun on a hot aussie day......you don't get much hotter than that!
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
Let's find some thermals!
United States, OR, Silverton
Joined Nov 2008
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
When I was flying my Banana back in 2005 a friend had an Ocelot... I always felt it was flimsy and not even close to the Banana in performance.

Is the Ocelot upgraded now days or what?
No, it's still the same. Never had an issue with strenght with the Ocelot.

I have flown some "delicate" models never any issue. All composite models have a snap factor. The rule is land smooth and controlled and your model will be fine. Cart wheel, inverted, wing tip first landings are all a gamble.

Frame strenght is also a factor if you plan on flying in +40mph winds with ballast load that is greater than model, but for normal flying all models listed are good.

S
seaspb is online now Find More Posts by seaspb
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban View Post
Henke I think your question was answered a number of times .
Yeah, seem like the 60" birds is out of evolution. I'll probably go for wakumann's suggestion and get the chepest 100" plane I can find :-)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke