SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:40 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
Save the Nitro fuel / gasoline ?
Slope soaring gliders offer very good cost/hour of flying. Shame there's no slopes round where we live now.

.......!.$$$.!............................... (vertical depiction of Chicago based on the Hancock Building, Merchandise Mile and Willis/Sears/Heavily in Debt Tower.

On the original tack, snag is, will Aye Won Ton Flee batteries come in their present familiar size, which fits amazingly well into Uncle Ken's models, or will they suddenly morph into a larger cell that only goes into a 'hybrid' or battery powered car? Can't see any reason, beyond financial, why they shouldn't replace NiMh in rechargable AA and AAA sizes, for one idea.

Be nice if they sprouted a solder-able case for starters, and why are they reversed donkey in terms of their casing being + while the round thing at one end became - ?
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
Quote:
The sweet smell of selling out to the highest buck.
Wel, that was the decision of: ”A judge ultimately decided that an auction would be more appropriate.”

It was ultimately sold “ A source close to the deal said the purchase price was about $250 million.”

That was after ” Wanxiang had agreed to invest $465 million in A123 this August, prior to its bankruptcy. “

”Johnson Controls, with a market cap of $19 billion remained quiet throughout the court process, saying that if it were successful in its bid for A123 it would be “one of the last standing American companies competing in and building this U.S. advanced battery industry.””

So why didn’t they buy it?

Quote:
This transaction is the exception, not the "norm"
Wrong. Do an search and you will see it is not an exception.

Quote:
is intellectual property "safe" in China?
Apart from that it is a deviation from the thread discussion, it is not an easy answer. Intellectual property is not an automatic global right. Intellectual property can only be protected in the country it is registered or patented, be it is your home country or a foreign country. That is why you will see that some companies give a long list of patent numbers and cover different countries where it is registered. If it is not registered in a certain country you have very limited protection rights there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelle...ublic_of_China
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent

If there are Intellectual Property matters, it can surely be pointed out, including what actions the owner followed to protect himself by registering patent, trademark or copyright, what actions he took to get it legally enforced after an infringement and what the results where. Please feel free to point us to such cases so we all know not to support the transgressors. If people then still support those in the list, it is their own decision and “verdict” that it is not wrong. If all this complaints about intellectual property cannot be supported by evidence, it means noting.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Last edited by rebell; Dec 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,075 Posts
Many people do not understand a simple fact of being a sucessfull company.

PROFIT IS THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS !!

All else is a waste of time & money.
Famous Cyclops quote.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
Wel, that was the decision of: ”A judge ultimately decided that an auction would be more appropriate.”

It was ultimately sold “ A source close to the deal said the purchase price was about $250 million.”

That was after ” Wanxiang had agreed to invest $465 million in A123 this August, prior to its bankruptcy. “

”Johnson Controls, with a market cap of $19 billion remained quiet throughout the court process, saying that if it were successful in its bid for A123 it would be “one of the last standing American companies competing in and building this U.S. advanced battery industry.””

So why didn’t they buy it?



Wrong. Do an search and you will see it is not an exception.


Apart from that it is a deviation from the thread discussion, it is not an easy answer. Intellectual property is not an automatic global right. Intellectual property can only be protected in the country it is registered or patented, be it is your home country or a foreign country. That is why you will see that some companies give a long list of patent numbers and cover different countries where it is registered. If it is not registered in a certain country you have very limited protection rights there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelle...ublic_of_China
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent

If there are Intellectual Property matters, it can surely be pointed out, including what actions the owner followed to protect himself by registering patent, trademark or copyright, what actions he took to get it legally enforced after an infringement and what the results where. Please feel free to point us to such cases so we all know not to support the transgressors. If people then still support those in the list, it is their own decision and “verdict” that it is not wrong. If all this complaints about intellectual property cannot be supported by evidence, it means noting.
One of many similar, authoritative articles: http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...enge-of-China/ Perhaps you are already up on the subject?

Why do you think the U.S. routinely sends diplomatic notes to China about this issue?

Well, apart from it being a matter of common knowledge, you can do your own research with google.

So, if there is no "problem," why write about it? http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...enge-of-China/
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81610.html
http://www.economist.com/node/21553040
http://www.economist.com/node/21553040
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...ery.aspx#page1

Yes, indeed, these folks are just stirring up groundless issues!

And, then, there is that nasty ole U.S. government crying "foul" for no reason, or just for fun! http://www.industryweek.com/trade/us...ctual-property

"Evidence? We don need no stinkin' 'evidence!'"
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Dec 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:10 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
Quote:
"Evidence? We don need no stinkin' 'evidence!'"
Hmmm...
Accuser, Judge, Jury and Executor.

I assume you never buy anything "made in China”.

And you don't even want to give Americans the slack to do something. Just look in the XPS transmitter forum.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
Hmmm...
Accuser, Judge, Jury and Executor.

And you don't even want to give Americans the slack to do something. Just look in the XPS transmitter forum.
Hm, I'm not one of the MANY commentators asserting the "problem", but, in any case, it was meant as a ironic paraphrase of a bandito in an old H. Bogart move!

What has XPS got to do with the theft of intellectual property? Perhaps the better analogy and the one you meant is to the Tucker automobile and Jim Bede's airplanes?

I guess it's a Canadian thing, eh?

We don't need no stinking badges! (0 min 15 sec)
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Dec 11, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
Quote:
What has XPS got to do with the theft of intellectual property?
Nothing, but it point to you who is not satisfied with what anybody is doing.

Do you say there are NO IP offense in USA or Europe?

What does Canada has to do with this?
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:23 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
Nothing, but it point to you who is not satisfied with what anybody is doing.

Do you say there are NO IP offense in USA or Europe?

What does Canada has to do with this?
Wow, what are you talking about?

I love my RC gear from Hitec, Spektrum and many others: you mistake me, Sir.

Now, when "it point to [me]" and XPS, yes, indeed, I am a very healthy, and apparently justified, skeptic! And, this is a belief shared by many from the posts he deletes.

Aren't you Canadian? If not, I apologize to Canada!

As for your question, OUR COURTS ROUTINELY SPANK the theft of intellectual property, unlike China.

Sum: the U.S. (I could care less about Europe and don't know why you injected that, too) provides MEANINGFUL forums and remedies to spank those WHO DO STEAL IP!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Dec 11, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
Nothing, but it point to you who is not satisfied with what anybody is doing.

Do you say there are NO IP offense in USA or Europe?

What does Canada has to do with this?
Wow, what are you talking about?

I love my RC gear from Hitec, Spektrum and many others: you mistake me, Sir. Use your search function and you'll see that I'm routinely called a fanboy of these products!

Now, when "it point to [me]" and XPS, yes, indeed, I am a very healthy, and apparently justified, skeptic!

Aren't you Canadian? If not, I apologize to Canada!

As for your question, OUR COURTS ROUTINELY SPANK thieves for the theft of intellectual property, unlike China.

Sum: the U.S. (I could care less about Europe and don't know why you injected that, too) provides MEANINGFUL forums and remedies to spank those WHO DO STEAL IP!

In any event, you and I are done: reasonable people can and will disagree, and so the matter rests!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Aren't you Canadian? If not, I apologize to Canada!
So you are willing to judge a whole nation to get to one person? Or is it that you have something against Canada anyway?

Quote:
I could care less about Europe
And the rest of the world, so it seems. So why then should anybody else care about you?

Quote:
In any event, you and I are done: reasonable people can and will disagree, and so the matter rests!
So you decide and others must listen?
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
So you are willing to judge a whole nation to get to one person? Or is it that you have something against Canada anyway?


And the rest of the world, so it seams. So why then should anybody else care about you?


So you decide and others must listen?
Well, Arnold said it best:

You're a Funny Guy.. (0 min 5 sec)


Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando (0 min 9 sec)
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
Typical, if somebody disagrees, you like to kill him? That is really not nice! Careful, Somebody might report you. (Not me, I am not childish.)

What was this thread about?
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
Typical, if somebody disagrees, you like to kill him? That is really not nice! Careful, Somebody might report you. (Not me, I am not childish.)

What was this thread about?
Report away, the whole thing is an attempt to inject HUMOR into a very serious topic, the theft of intellectual property.

Now, seriously, don't you find the clips funny, as funny as the audience did?

Anyway, Merry Christmas!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
In the end, just remember, what is law in one country is not law in another country. However you look at it, you cannot judge others for not thinking and operating the same as you do, but it is the nature of people to do so. Because you grew up and is educated to obey your society’s laws and ways, does not meen others elsewhere must follow the same.

As for humor, it will be funny at the right time and place, but misplaced it can contain hidden messages.

I think if we were close by we could have a nice BBQ and chat till early morning.

Cheers.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
In the end, just remember, what is law in one country is not law in another country. However you look at it, you cannot judge others for not thinking and operating the same as you do, but it is the nature of people to do so. Because you grew up and is educated to obey your society’s laws and ways, does not meen others elsewhere must follow the same.



Cheers.
Despite or because of the unintended irony, I completely agree: "We" follow the treaties which bind "us," and international custom, much to our detriment....
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ccharging A123 cell on PL8 LiftOff FMA Direct 3 Jan 10, 2013 06:12 AM
Discussion on board tacho the cheap way old4570 Electric Heli Talk 0 May 17, 2012 03:37 AM
Discussion Is there a cheap way to charge a 4S A123? Bugman Jeff Batteries and Chargers 19 Mar 11, 2008 08:20 PM
Discussion New way to buy A123 cells coming rick0007 Batteries and Chargers 14 Aug 18, 2007 01:53 AM
Discussion Bad a123 cell: Best way to test with 1010C UAVProducts Batteries and Chargers 0 Mar 04, 2007 06:38 PM