Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 13, 2003, 07:41 PM
Trinity, FL
Joined Jan 2003
458 Posts
Easy Star needs paint

Moderator: please delete this thread for me. Thanks
Seems I clicked on thread rather than reply.
Possibly my mouse has been drinking.

Mine is definitely going to need a paint job.
There are white beads of foam in the blue wing and black beads in the white fuselage. Not a lot in either but enough to be agrivating.
At 50' nobody would know the difference.

Also, there is a little foam missing just above the beginning of the wing area. Appears it might have stuck to the mold and been pulled off. Pretty good size but no big deal. If I do paint it I'll fill and sand it prior to the paint job.

I've decided to use a 2s Etec 2400 mAh pack. Should be just about perfect for this plane. Should arrive sometime Tuesday.

Also plan to use a Jeti 140 ESC. It mounts right on the back of the motor. Only thing I don't like about it; can't turn off the brake. Instructions for the Jeti 140 say the brake CAN'T be turned off.

Did notice, as I was told, that the canopy "snap-in" locking plates don't feel like they will last too long. They are made a little too narrow.

Seems that's the sort of ESC used in the RTF version but from a different manufacturer.

I've purchased the "Kicker" and hopefully it'll stay together for me.

Hope everyone else that has them on order gets them soon.

I'll be reading all the posts to learn about all the "what to do" and "what not to do" stuff that pops up.

Later,
Jim
constantcrash is offline Find More Posts by constantcrash
Last edited by constantcrash; Dec 14, 2003 at 09:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2008, 04:09 AM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Nov 2007
50 Posts
My Easy's paint job

What do you think of the paint? I love this plane, worry free, easy to fly and with it's upgraded 3000kv brushless it's pretty fun. I like you thought it needed paint, so I painted it. Hope you like it or it inspires you to paint yours, if you haven't already.
East is offline Find More Posts by East
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:42 PM
Joined Aug 2007
5 Posts
Paint

How did you paint this. Did you prep it. did you clean it. did you prime it. I don't read this much. Answer me at Chawkins4@nycap.rr.com if you decide to. thanks
old1940ford is offline Find More Posts by old1940ford