HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:48 PM
Somewhere near Miami,FL
Joined Jul 2004
3 Posts
Discussion
Buying from BananaHobby.com

Hey Everyone,

I was looking to purchase the FMS Zero Warbird but after reading this forum and other websites on bananahobby.com's customer ratings, I don't feel confident. Would I be making a big mistake giving them a chance? From what I read online, I can be stuck with a broke/damaged aircraft and wait months before I can get any resolution. Anyone order lately? I also find it odd that a lot of their planes are out of stock. Is that because their customers liked the planes so much?, Christmas time? or if bananahobby.com stop selling them because of substandard products.

Its pretty sad that bananahobby.com has such a bad rap, they have a nice little site and the video content is excellent. I know their products are pricey but they also look great too. I haven't seen a better Zero around. I use to have a GWS Zero and it was a lot of fun to fly, I just didn't like the way it looked. The FMS Zero looks awesome!

I didn't create this thread to put down bananahobby.com I just want to know if bananahobby.com got their stuff together, are helping their customers out in a timely manner and not sending products that are broken/damaged/missing parts. I really have a hard time believing bananahobby.com would let their reputation become so bad and not do any kind of damage control. The messages on BBB are so horrible! Why not man up and reply to those message and make your customers happy? WT? From what I see, they don't want return customers?!?!? crazy!

If anyone has any suggestions for a better electric Zero please reply/message me! Any other info will be helpful too.

Thanks,
YeahDude!
Heli-Dude is offline Find More Posts by Heli-Dude
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Dude its a Dice roll with BH sometimes you'll hit big , And sometimes you'll lose, I suggest that you decide to take a chance with them using your paypal account which comes with buyers protection. that way if you fell like they did not meet your expectations then do a chargeback Say 4 Hail Mary's and pm me in the morning.

Happy flying.

Gump
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; Dec 21, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Good afternoon Heli-Dude.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing with us.
There's a saying that goes, "Good news don't travel far, but bad news travel on for miles."

It is a personal preference as to whether or not you wish to purchase of us; however, if you wish to do so, please know that there are different ways to contact us.
If you have any technical difficulties with the aircraft, you can contact our Technical Support Department by submitting an inquiry at http://www.bananahobby.com/technical...rt_portal.html and a Technical Support Representative will be providing you assistance within 2 business days. If you have any issue(s) regarding anything being missing, damaged, or lost, you can contact our Customer Support Center via phone at (626) 373 - 2288 or submit an inquiry at http://www.bananahobby.com/support.htm and a Customer Service Representative will be more than happy to assist you.
You can also contact me from here or even email me directly at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com and I will be able to answer you directly.

All item(s) purchased from us are tested by the manufacturer before making them available to us. I am unable to guarantee you that nothing will get damaged as I do understand some couriers are rough with packages upon delivery; however, we can assist you with that as well if you do receive your item(s) damaged.

All of the item(s) sold from Banana Hobby comes with a 30 day warranty, which starts from the day of receipt.

I do recommend you familiarizing yourself with the Terms and Conditions/Returns Policy before purchasing from us.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me directly via email.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Just my feedback. Decided to give BH a shot and ordered a Lipo from them Sunday. Battery didn't ship till Wednesday. 3 days before item ships. I guess I have been spoiled by other hobby shops shipping next day. Just my feedback.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Just my feedback. Decided to give BH a shot and ordered a Lipo from them Sunday. Battery didn't ship till Wednesday. 3 days before item ships. I guess I have been spoiled by other hobby shops shipping next day. Just my feedback.
Hello Jeff2215.

Thank you for your feedback as it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Just an FYI:

Good evening Jeff.

We do require 3 business days to process all orders going ground.
The order gets received and process by the Accounting Department, and the information gets forwarded over to our Parts Department to pull the part. Once done so, it gets transported over to our Shipping Department where it gets packed and ship.

I apologize if that had caused delays, but unfortunately, it is policy and they do require those days to complete the orders.

I would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

Have a wonderful evening and happy flying!

Best Regards,
Nancy P.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Hello Jeff2215.

Yes. That too.

Feel free to email me if there are any issue(s). I will be able to receive it right away and respond to you quicker.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:15 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
270 Posts
3 Days--You're lucky

If they shipped in 3 days---you got lucky. I've been waiting 8 days now for a plane to ship. I expected better. I've had planes from China ordered and delivered quicker. This has been very disappointing.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchtr3a View Post
If they shipped in 3 days---you got lucky. I've been waiting 8 days now for a plane to ship. I expected better. I've had planes from China ordered and delivered quicker. This has been very disappointing.
Good afternoon.

When following up on your order, I did see the package delivered. I would like to know how is everything and if you tested the electronics yet? Is everything responding as they should?

- Nancy
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
Somewhere near Miami,FL
Joined Jul 2004
3 Posts
After 1 hour building, got the zero setup and ready to go,,, put the prop on and setup ESC.... motor doesn't startup... After 1-2 hour troubleshooting online, Happens that one of the cables for for the motor is not connected.. and I can't figure out how to connect it back, there isn't a hatch door or anything to get it re-connected... so bummed.. not sure what to do now.. anyone have any experience with this? Pic http://imgur.com/mhHgm,F96mG#0 there has to be an easy way to reconnect.... right?!?!? how can FMS build a model without access to motor?? any suggestions? this isn't BananaHobby fault but Im so pissed!!! I just hope the solution is easy :-( I starting to have a feeling that FMS builds planes that are disposable ..

One more thing.. the battery didnt fit into airplane without trying to cut some foam away....very annoying,, other than that is a very nice looking Zero,,, best foam version Ive seen! and huge too! good for Miami flying, so much wind down here! I just can't wait to test fly it! its killing me! hehe

Nancy, it seems like my second order for props/spinner was released with wrong apartment number.... its my fault can you help me out? order #20903-121214
Last edited by Heli-Dude; Dec 20, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-Dude View Post
After 1 hour building, got the zero setup and ready to go,,, put the prop on and setup ESC.... motor doesn't startup... After 1-2 hour troubleshooting online, Happens that one of the cables for for the motor is not connected.. and I can't figure out how to connect it back, there isn't a hatch door or anything to get it re-connected... so bummed.. not sure what to do now.. anyone have any experience with this? Pic http://imgur.com/mhHgm,F96mG#0 there has to be an easy way to reconnect.... right?!?!? how can FMS build a model without access to motor?? any suggestions? this isn't BananaHobby fault but Im so pissed!!! I just hope the solution is easy :-( I starting to have a feeling that FMS builds planes that are disposable ..

One more thing.. the battery didnt fit into airplane without trying to cut some foam away....very annoying,, other than that is a very nice looking Zero,,, best foam version Ive seen! and huge too! good for Miami flying, so much wind down here! I just can't wait to test fly it! its killing me! hehe

Nancy, it seems like my second order for props/spinner was released with wrong apartment number.... its my fault can you help me out? order #20903-121214
Good evening.

To access the motor wires, what is required for you to do is to remove the cowling and the motor wires would be directly under that area.

As for order #20903-121214, what apartment number was the order suppose to be delivered at?

- Nancy
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
Somewhere near Miami,FL
Joined Jul 2004
3 Posts
I got the package, the US Mail was able to figure out my apartment

I removed the screws for the cowling but it seemed like the cowling is glued in.. Do you have to cut around the cowling to remove it? I didnt want to brake it off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Good evening.

To access the motor wires, what is required for you to do is to remove the cowling and the motor wires would be directly under that area.

As for order #20903-121214, what apartment number was the order suppose to be delivered at?

- Nancy