HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Question
Are HK iChargers clones of iChargers from ProgressiveRC??

Im looking for a used 106B+ or 206B+ iCharger and seen in a thread where someone said the iChargers from HobbyKing are clones...Before buying a used one,I wanna know if its true or not??
invert is offline Find More Posts by invert
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:34 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,881 Posts
Absolutely untrue. HK is a factory authorized distributor for iCharger.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:38 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
I would think if they are advertised/listed as iChargers they are NOT clones.
They have to be the real thing.
The only clone of an iCharger that I have seen is the Voltz chargers.
And I don't think you can call them a clone if they are made by the same company, Junsi, can you.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,246 Posts
No I'm 99% sure HK is an authorized dealer. If it was a clone HK would label it as such like they do with other products.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Ok,took me about 2 days going through past post and just found it,this is what was said --->

Quote:
Quote:
What are the top brand names HK offers?
Do they honor the manufactures warranty?
I know they offer an "I-Charger" that is not actually made to the same specs as the original. No there is no warranty on that one unless HK offers one.......
Heres the next reply/post------>

Quote:
Quote:
How do you know?
I had a buddy that bought one from HK and it croaked. He sent it in to Progressive where he was promptly informed that it was a clone. It even used the same PCB layout and the EXACT same software. The difference was the cheap components they used to assemble it. It had the same lettering and everything. If you call Progressiverc, they will give you the skinny.
I really don't want this turning into a pissing match if you know what I mean and im not saying anyone here is wrong because I don't know myself,reason for this thread..Its Sunday and can't call ProgressiveRC so thought I would make this thread being as ALOT of guys here are on the up&up on these chargers/electronics ..I have a chance to buy a brand new iCharger 250W 106B+ off Ebay at a really good price...Think i'll hold off until tomorrow and call ProgressiveRC and ask them...If it sales and I endup getting a used one,I wanna be 100000000000% sure im not buying a clone iCharger...I'll report back tomorrow and thanks for the replys guys ...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:34 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,881 Posts
Why not just buy from ProgressiveRC? You'll get a great product at a very competitive price and have the peace of mind that you'll have outstanding service should you need it. By all accounts, David takes care of his customers.

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Why not just buy from ProgressiveRC? You'll get a great product at a very competitive price and have the peace of mind that you'll have outstanding service should you need it. By all accounts, David takes care of his customers.

Mark
If I had the $$,I would but I didn't ask where to buy from..
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:06 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,881 Posts
Gotcha. My apologies for attempting to be helpful.

My best.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Gotcha. My apologies for attempting to be helpful.

My best.
It was helpfull ..Just don't have the $$..
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:35 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invert View Post
It was helpfull ..Just don't have the $$..
You said you wanted to buy used, and you asked if the HK were clones and also you didn't want to waste money buying a cheap knock off. You take a chance buying used, no warranty or knowledge of condition. You will be money ahead by saving up a bit and going for a known reliable charger from a known reliable distributor.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:48 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,548 Posts
By cheap and buy twice.

Applies no matter if one is purchasing a knock off, used or from a dealer with poor after sells support, IMO.

Most iChargers are trouble free however if one has issues then having purchased it new from progressiverc.com or epduddy.com could easily result in being dollars and weeks ahead in getting it replaced or repaired.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Don't worry about it,ive been in the hobby long enough to know better..

Notice my post count,don't post much because of people like the last
two posters ----> Don't know how to stick to topic,babbling about something thats not asked so their not helpfull which trashes the thread,shows little to no respect being as they don't know how to stick to topic ect.....

Thanks so much for the non helpfull replys so i'll close this thread being as common sense and help went out the window...
Closed Thread