Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:32 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
That's the beauty of it, you can claim anything you like that's for sure. What we have on hand however is you taking your gains now prior to the risk of rates increasing, amidst the backdrop of a long history of telling us how good higher taxes and more State spending is for wealth creation, and how successful it all has been and will be.

So one one hand we have all that for a track record, and on the other you selling for gains now, a few weeks ahead of the risk of increased taxation. It's mere coinkydink, I know.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Wasn't it you who claimed illegals in the US were suffering from a policy of abuse in cases where said abuse had been reprimanded and was illegally undertaken?
Since when was Joe Arapaio elected POTUS? Last I checked he's still under investigation by the feds.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
and if we do go over the fiscal cliff, I'll be ready with cash in my money market account waiting to pick up some more stocks on the CHEAP! I just transferred some funds to my brokerage account ahead of time in order to scoop up more companies with sound fundamentals that are being killed because of undisciplined share holders making irrational, short term panic decisions. I'll make money on their fears simply because I'll wait it out.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Quote:
That's the beauty of it, you can claim anything you like that's for sure. What we have on hand however is you taking your gains now prior to the risk of rates increasing, amidst the backdrop of a long history of telling us how good higher taxes and more State spending is for wealth creation, and how successful it all has been and will be.

So one one hand we have all that for a track record, and on the other you selling for gains now, a few weeks ahead of the risk of increased taxation. It's mere coinkydink, I know.
No. I cannot claim anything I like. You said I essentially shorted my positions, which is entirely incorrect. That is a fact. I'm selling for gains because I have an immediate use of the money "NOW". If i didn't have an immediate use for it, i wouldn't sell. I'm just also benefiting from the lower rates of 2012.

Also, something else you conveniently left out is the fact that I still have long positions in those companies. I just took some of the profits off the table for a 50cc bird i'm piecing together. But I'm still long in the market and will invest even more after the fiscal cliff scares off all the girls in January 2013.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Since when was Joe Arapaio elected POTUS? Last I checked he's still under investigation by the feds.
Ah, I see. Instead of addressing the blatant contradiction in your assessment of what constitutes policy and it's relationship with wether or not said actions are legal and thus actually constitute valid policy, you wish to avoid this discussion and focus on the personages involved.

I'm not addressing the claims as they relate to the specifics of the other posters gripe with you, I'm exposing the blatant double standard you're attempting to apply to deal with those other claims.

When you need what's illegal to not constitute policy, it doesn't. When you need what's illegal to constitute policy, it does.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Instead of addressing
More strawman etc etc. No, you're conflating the actions of a local PD with the policies of the US Government. I said that Obama stopped the US policy of torture, and nobody has provided any evidence contrary to that change in policy.

Here, have some more if you don't want to take my word for it:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...se-of-torture/
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
More strawman etc etc. No, you're conflating the actions of a local PD with the policies of the US Government. I said that Obama stopped the US policy of torture, and nobody has provided any evidence contrary to that change in policy.

Doubling down on taking this away from your conflicting views on what comprises policy isn't going to.work.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Strawman 2: Straw harder
Quote:
Doubling down on taking this away from your conflicting views on what comprises policy isn't going to.work.
Don't forget that context is key:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Quote:

Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Instead of addressing the question, you're persisting in trying to make it about Obama or the sheriff. You can address the conflict in your claims which I am pointing out without involving either person. The point I'm making does not rest upon either person, it rests upon how you define policy and how that definition relates to illegal actions.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:

Not really. The same statement gets a compromise elsewhere.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...eme-rendition/
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
No more torture, we'll just KILL THEM ALL!!!! BWAHAHHAA
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Not really. The same statement gets a compromise elsewhere.
"extreme rendition"

"torture"

Hmmm. One of these things is not like the other.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
No more torture, we'll just KILL THEM ALL!!!! BWAHAHHAA
Personally, I take Mr. Obama's attack on the working class as torture. Not knowing what is in store in healthcare, the economy, and foreign policy makes for a very shaky ride indeed. We might end up like that roller coaster in New Jersey, under water.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
This is what the national credit card signers are preparing for us and our kids kids kids kids, so they don't have to face hard truths. They're buying electoral victory with bribes to voters levied against the future wealth of people not even born yet.
US Debt - Visualized in physical $100 bills (2 min 11 sec)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
This is what the national credit card signers are preparing for us and our kids kids kids kids, so they don't have to face hard truths. They're buying electoral victory with bribes to voters levied against the future wealth of people not even born yet.
http://youtu.be/iTBODoBaCns
Obama knows what he is doing.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot