HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:45 PM
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Just sold a bunch of stock for a nice profit. Thank you Mr. President for the stimulus.
Quote:
the other side of my 2013 return will only apply when I cash out of the stocks. I'll probably let most of it ride in 2013. I'm looking into a 50cc bird and as it stands, I think I'll be buying most of it with the Market's money, even after tax. Part of the reason I took some money off the table now is to take advantage of the 2012 cap gains tax rates.
Who can spot the BS in this series of posts...

Let me help this along... in bold....
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Just sold a bunch of stock for a nice profit. Thank you Mr. President for the stimulus.
Why did you sell? Is not the best of Obama yet to come?
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Oct 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
the other side of my 2013 return will only apply when I cash out of the stocks. I'll probably let most of it ride in 2013. I'm looking into a 50cc bird and as it stands, I think I'll be buying most of it with the Market's money, even after tax. Part of the reason I took some money off the table now is to take advantage of the 2012 cap gains tax rates.
But, but, but, it was Obama who is getting rid of those cap gains rates.

You seem to be confused about something?
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:56 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Unemployment benefits are state programs. Each state sets their own guidelines. Although the Romney campaign tried to claim Obama did this (actually they DID claim such) the statement was proven utterly false

Fail.
Not quite. As with so many programs the Federal Government offers incentives for states to conform to federal wishes. In this case taxes are paid by companies into a federal Unemployment program that "loans" funds to states that are upside down. Since all states now owe hundreds of millions to billions to the federal government (because of the recession) the federal government has power over state programs.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:10 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
i sold because I have a lot of money in the market. The market is currently up. Cap gains rates are favorable in 2012. And no one ever got hurt by taking money off the table.

I don't mind paying higher taxes in 2013 either. But if i'm ready to sell now and have a need for the money (looking at a 50cc bird), then it makes sense to take some of the profits now. Let me reiterate that I didn't sell all of my long and short positions. I still have stock in those companies. I only sold enough to cash out on some of the profits.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:11 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
Quote:
But, but, but, it was Obama who is getting rid of those cap gains rates.

You seem to be confused about something?
again, i have a need for the money now, so it makes sense to cash out some of the long positions I have while rates are lower. Let me assure you i don't have any problems with the rates in 2013 either. But if I have an immediate need for the money, then might as well do it now.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
i can't stress how much everyone should have a little bit of money in the market if you can afford it and have the time to ride out the panic selling that occurs from time to time. Yes, you'll experience some downs. But by and large, my short and medium positions that I use for frivolous spending on airplanes has been up for most of the year. It's a great feeling buying airplanes with the gains from investments (even after holding back 30% of it for taxes) and then showing the wife where this money came from.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,251 Posts
Three of those presidents had valid certifictes of birth. The fourth has yet to produce one.
Three of those pictured had made public their educational background. One has refused to do so.
Three of those pictured never had a pasport issued by any country other than the US. One has traveled to countries that US ciizens are prohibited from visiting and cannot get a visa to do so. How did he manage that? What country issued such permission?
Three of those pictured could quote the Bible and were undoubtedly Christian.
one can (and does) quote the Koran from memory and attende for years an anti American church.

I wonder who that might be????

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyzelsnack View Post
I wasn't aware that prison guards abusing prisoners (and then getting reprimanded following investigation) constitutes a "policy of torture". Does that mean the USA has a "policy of murdering its citizens" whenever there's a gunman gone mad?

When was the last time the USA waterboarded a prisoner while following set policy?
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
Makes you wonder what obama has to hide.

Obama's first act as President EXECUTIVE ORDER 13489 banning release of any of his records

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2304500/posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
Quote:
again, i have a need for the money now, so it makes sense to cash out some of the long positions I have while rates are lower. Let me assure you i don't have any problems with the rates in 2013 either. But if I have an immediate need for the money, then might as well do it now.
Glad you are okay with obama making sure you have less next year. But don't feel bad, we all will have less together.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
That's right. This poster has made much of O's responsibilty for all the wonderful measures improving the economy and that the ones about to take place such as tax hikes and spending hikes will actually result in even more profits and higher returns. Now we see the OP telling us he's essentially short selling which is not what you do if you're honestly certain of definite future gains, and I might also add, not what someone convinced that it's patriotic to pay more in taxes would do if not selfish.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
I wasn't aware that prison guards abusing prisoners (and then getting reprimanded following investigation) constitutes a "policy of torture". Does that mean the USA has a "policy of murdering its citizens" whenever there's a gunman gone mad?

When was the last time the USA waterboarded a prisoner while following set policy?
Wasn't it you who claimed illegals in the US were suffering from a policy of abuse in cases where said abuse had been reprimanded and was illegally undertaken? Now it seems your claiming what isn't legal cant be considered a policy, whereas there you strongly implied that if it had happened, or still happened, it was a policy even if illegal.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:25 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
That's right. This poster has made much of O's responsibilty for all the wonderful measures improving the economy and that the ones about to take place such as tax hikes and spending hikes will actually result in even more profits and higher returns. Now we see the OP telling us he's essentially short selling which is not what you do if you're honestly certain of definite future gains, and I might also add, not what someone convinced that it's patriotic to pay more in taxes would do if not selfish.
are you familiar with what short selling is? If so, you'd know that's not what i did. Not even remotely close.