HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Braddock, VC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:22 PM
dover, kent, UK
Joined Apr 2003
404 Posts
Discussion
Build Blog P7

Had the first major foul up. The way the roof has been designed creates a valley between two pitched roofs (like an inverted W). This valley has to have a lead trough to collect rainwater, unfortunately the dimensions are such that we had to have a roll of lead made 800mm wide. The price of lead is enormous. It also held us up three days which in itself has knock ons as we are now getting north easterly winds which come straight from Scandinavia and the temperature has dropped to around 4 degrees C (40 F) and, as a result, means the mortar used to secure the coping tiles will freeze and not set properly,
This is a real butt pain as I have to have the scaffolding removed so that the glazing can be installed.......I hate the weather.
Forgot to say, I renegotiated the roof contract and will get the whole lot done for 6900, about $11,000.
To console myself I bought a thunder tiger cessna 177 Cardinal which a mail order shop was selling for 72 including postage, (about $115) which is a bargain. I have a set of floats for it and an OS 91 FX to pull it along. All I need now is to finish my den!!!
Have a great Christmas and Happy new year.
Braddock, VC is offline Find More Posts by Braddock, VC
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Braddock, VC; Dec 09, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts