Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,419 Posts
I extended the ESC to motor wires on mine and it runs fine. I'm running 30A BlueSeries ESC's on 18A max motors and have all my ESC's under the dome and they are barely warm to the touch after a 10min flight.

I went with the 30A ESC"s because I was worried about the lack of cooling.

Jabram, I love the idea of heatshrinking the arms. I've got different colored props but once they are spinning thats not always terribly useful
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2014, 03:15 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
looks like a split decision to me...therefore just to make sure, I'm going to extend the wires from esc to motor in the front of the quad and from the esc to the lipo in the back of the quad. that should cover all the bases
californiaflyer is offline Find More Posts by californiaflyer
Old Feb 17, 2014, 06:32 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiaflyer View Post
looks like a split decision to me...therefore just to make sure, I'm going to extend the wires from esc to motor in the front of the quad and from the esc to the lipo in the back of the quad. that should cover all the bases
Awesome!
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:27 AM
Joined Nov 2012
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiaflyer View Post

I don't think this is wise ... if you choose one of the options, you have 50% chance to make the right choice... but if you choose both options.. and we assume one of them is wrong, you have a 100% chance of doing wrong choice either in front or back
alfi666 is offline Find More Posts by alfi666
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:52 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Guys lets not forget that none of the motors on your multirotor are in phase with eachother at any given time so the pulses tend to cancel eachother out anyway.
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76