HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Barney Boy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
648 Posts
Discussion
Gumby

Allright I scored a Hobby King "Gumby" at one of my clubs christmas party last night. It came ready to go with 2 lipos, all I needed to do was add a reciver. Got up this morning and put her together. Sounds like it will be a really SLOW flyer. I'll maiden it when the weather clears up.
Barney Boy is offline Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Quad racing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:40 PM
indoor
Calais France
Joined Oct 2005
65 Posts
Gumby

We wish you a good first fly with this rc plane .
Aerophoto is offline Find More Posts by Aerophoto
Last edited by Aerophoto; Dec 28, 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: correction of text
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
My maiden ended in disaster. A light breeze flipped it into the ground, so it does not like any breeze at all.
Robert10 is offline Find More Posts by Robert10
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:25 AM
Joined Dec 2010
648 Posts
Well I got the chance to fly it and I got to say it's like a feather. I did have fun with it, but I probly wouldn't grab it first when heading to the field. I like things a bit more aggresive. not to say it's lame. it's just a slow flyer...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
648 Posts
Quick update on the Gumby, every time I take it to the field and fly it, I like it more and more. I don't mind letting some of the other pilots fly it as I know they can handel her. I keep this plane around for some of the older pilots and newbies to fly. It is really easy to see as well as a slow flyer, they all seem to love it. I was thinking this plane would be a great platform for a keychane cam. I got to order one of em soon. any ways thats it for now on the Gumby.
RCG Plus Member