HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:55 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,948 Posts
Jon I love your planes but man I wish you'd pic a user name.
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Jon I love your planes but man I wish you'd pic a user name.
TODD
Yeah, you're right, I should. I don't pay attention to the account I'm logged into until it's too late.

Well I managed to get out to test the new battery (400 mAh) and the new rudder setup.

The rudder has greater movement and authority, in fact it was easy to fly on rudder and elevator alone. The battery didn't make as much of difference to the CoG as I thought, although I was able to shed about 2.5g from the ballast in the nose. (down to about 4-5g now). Not surprising in hindsight as the battery position isn't that far forward.

Flight time is +2mins (up to 7 minutes average) with the 400mAh battery over the 300mAh - which is nice!

And been getting on with the artwork bit by bit. With the increase in scale the finer details need illustrating so it's taking a while but I'm sure it'll be worth it. May we'll sell some big prints of the side profile of the aircraft too. Maybe the museums would be interested?
MICROACES is offline Find More Posts by MICROACES
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:20 AM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,468 Posts
Man o' man. Beautiful! I would take a frameable print if it was affordable.

This thing is gonna be sweet flying around in full color regalia.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Managed to get an afternoon of illustrating in. I never get as much done as I set out to do.

But I managed get the exhaust stack done. It was a daunting task even before I realised it was a lot more complex than I first thought after studying some of the pics. Should have some more time tomorrow. See if I can get the main bulk of the port fuselage done.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
48 Posts
That looks stunning.
Really amazing work here. Just like the others, it "pops". Looks very 3 dimensional.
boro92 is offline Find More Posts by boro92
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Thanks boro92,

I managed to get a full run at it today and completed the port side of the fuselage. I'm sure I'll still fiddle with it no end at a later stage but I think I can put it to one side now & concentrate on the starboard side. This should take quarter of the time as the hard work is pretty much done.

I decided to add the external belly tank. This makes construction easier and wont add more than a gram of weight. It helps with retaining the wheel legs in place and makes it easier retain the lower wing during the construction process.

Soon be dividing it up into manageable stickers to slip onto the Depron airframe. Can't wait to see this one all dolled up dashing around the cricket pitch.

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
At last the artwork is finished & I've divided it all up into the component stickers which need six sheets to carry them all. This is one kit that is not going to be for the fainthearted to build but I think it will be worth the extra bit of patience and certainly a rewarding challenge.

So the plan now is that my mate Simon adds all the cutter & perf guides to the artwork and we get the panels printed and processed for a final prototyping so any last minute changes can be made if I've got a few things wrong or a few improvements come to me as I build her.

All the wire work will also be committed to the design board and ordered up once the prototype build & testing is complete and the Depron cutting tool will be commissioned so we can knock out the 4 sheets of foam this kit needs plus a grey Depron wheel-set.

This will all take time and money so it could be a few months yet but I'm working as quickly as I can to get the little bipe to market!

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:19 AM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Looks terrific Jon,

Take your time and get it right, I'll have an order for you once your ready to ship them.

What's the latest news on the Spitfire? Are they going into production anytime soon?

I really am loving the durability of your airplanes, I don't think anyone who doesn't have one can really appreciate the fact of how much better your models hold up compared to the Parkzone UM models.
ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Thanks ronht,

I'm glad yours is holding up and thank you for the repeat future order.

Spitfire is on its way. Just waiting for wireforms & spinners to arrive. I wasn't happy with the spinner samples we got through so they've had to rework the tooling. What with the Chinese New Year as well it's slowed things down a bit.

I'm hoping to get the Spitfire kit up onto the website in the next few weeks for pre-ordering and hoping to get it out the door in 4-5 weeks.

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:24 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
John that would look great printed on tissue and put on a Balsa P-6 im building .. Nice work ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Apr 13, 2013, 01:15 AM
United States, AZ
Joined Jul 2010
28 Posts
I can't wait for this to be released. Is there any more updates on its progress?
DJROTC is offline Find More Posts by DJROTC
Old Apr 13, 2013, 06:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Hi DJROTC,

I've had to switch my attention to getting the Spitfire out at the moment so the P6E is waiting in the wings ('scuse the pun).

Everything has now been designed, illustrated etc. I still need to put the final prototype together to test all the changes. Parts now need ordering and tooling made so I'm hoping the release of the Spitfire will help contribute a few quid into the pot to help out on this final stage.

Many thanks chaps, for your patience!

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2013, 11:16 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,468 Posts
Not trying to bug 'ya. Just wanna keep this in the fore front,
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old May 12, 2013, 01:47 AM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Hi CryHavoc,

Just got the first trial print off of the stickers and have spent a few hours starting the assembly process. Finding the bugs and resolving them. It's mainly little tweaks to the airframe and stickers. Nothing too fundamental has cropped up yet.

I hope to have it finished by next weekend so I can get some test flights in.

It is taking a while to bring it all together but it will be worth it I'm sure. Thanks for your patience chaps - especially the prize winner of this comp, RedFlyer.

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2013, 07:10 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICROACES View Post
Just got the first trial print off of the stickers ....
Looking good, Jon. This will be a beauty!

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01