HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 59er9er, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2012
111 Posts
Discussion
ROGs and landings

This morning my son performed his first ROGs and landings. I was really impressed with his takeoffs as he didn't just mash the throttle to 100% and yank the elevator. His Firebird accelerated gradually, rotated and climbed out very scale-like. I set up his landings by lining the plane up on final and then handed him the little red Tx and again beautiful stick control to nice soft landings.

I tested a little mod I made to the SC's wing struts. I drilled holes inboard of the stock mounting holes to make the struts taut and to reduce dihedral. I must say that I'm very happy with the results. I was able to get the SC inverted and kept her inverted for a few seconds before making the rookie mistake of pulling out of inverted flight versus rolling out. I'll work on that more next time. No damage to either plane today.

Another great morning out!
59er9er is online now Find More Posts by 59er9er
Last edited by 59er9er; Dec 10, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts