SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Skysurfer_uk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:50 AM
Old Git.
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
Atom micro heli

First real heli.
Bought from Heliguy (nowt to do with me!)
http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-H...liguy-Atom-FP/

Well. What a difference. Now I understand what strides modern technology has made. I've no doubt this thing would have cost me a lot more to learn, without those gyros. Stunning. There's plenty of posts/reviews around, so I'll not add to them, this is just a beginner's (to heli's) view.
On arrival, the box is sooo tiny. Opening the box, is well, underwhelming. Neat, tidy, well packaged and presented, but so, well, tiny.
Great. Yet another transmitter. Out with the AA's. Glimpse at the manual, charge, fly. Sweet! Hang on, can I....? Yup. It did bind to my 9x, so I've been flying with that.
I've now got it to hover, fly around, sometimes even under full control..
End bit.
It's great to be able to learn in your own lounge. It's a great heli, I haven't caused any damage to anything (where's that bit of wood?), and I'm learning (nose out, mostly).
Just wish I'd've saved my 40 and not bought that co-ax! Ah well, live and learn.
A great way to pick up these skills. Recommended for anyone.
Skysurfer_uk is offline Find More Posts by Skysurfer_uk
to remove ads between posts