HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Discussion
dh 9116 rotation trim?

hey everybody. new to the site. i just bought a DH 9116 and noticed that i have to trim it out all the way to stop it from rotating, and that just barely does the trick. i know people complain about the tail rotors sucking. has anyone else had this issue?
RavoHimself is offline Find More Posts by RavoHimself
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:18 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavoHimself View Post
hey everybody. new to the site. i just bought a DH 9116 and noticed that i have to trim it out all the way to stop it from rotating, and that just barely does the trick. i know people complain about the tail rotors sucking. has anyone else had this issue?
Rotating CW or CCW (looking from above)?
further questions please ask here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773527

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
It rotates CW if looking from above. the tail rotor spins CCW pushing it the tail to the left. So it's like the tail motor spins too fast for the torque of the main rotor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:27 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavoHimself View Post
It rotates CW if looking from above. the tail rotor spins CCW pushing it the tail to the left. So it's like the tail motor spins too fast for the torque of the main rotor
OK, so the tail motor is fine - did you change the subtrims in the TX or have you used the trim buttons only?
You're right. If the nose of the heli turns right (looking from above) it means the tail motor overpowers the momentum of the main rotor.
You can try to set the subtrims in the TX menu up to 120 L and see what happens.
You should have a closer look to the bearings of the main shaft, the gears for dirt/clogging. You may also have a slowly dying / nearly DOA main motor - but that you'll recognise with low flight times.
It may - it often occures in damp, cool conditions - be a malfunction of the head lock gyro - ( it's the little vertical placed board soldered onto the main PCB). Take the bird inside, heat the gyro board with a hairdryer, and let the bird settle down a bit.
Switch it on / rebind to TX and let it calibrate on a flat, level surface.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Dec 09, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
I've only used the trim buttons. Ididnt know you could adjust it further. ill check the manual to see how to adjust the sub trims. It also doesn't have many flights on it. I've flown it 3 times so I Would hope the motor isn't dying yet. Battery seems to last about ten minutes like suggested.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
I red the manual a bit. I set the rudder to 60 left. Ill give that a shot next nice day.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
worked like a charm. a bit much so i put it at 45L. should be good. thanks