Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:53 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Aug 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
I use Windows Movie Maker that was bundled with MS Vista Ultimate. It's easy to use and has enough features for my use...
Andy
I'd have to download Windows Movie Maker and disclose too much personal info for my liking (that's why I don't do Facebook). So, I bought AnyVideoConverter Pro for 25.
FlyBoy20 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoy20
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Good Lord, why is that motor missing its leads in such a vulgar fashion?

I salvaged the connectors..
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Aug 2012
529 Posts
Thought you'all might like to see this..how to bend a motor shaft - it's what an under-powered plane does ratther well

Boink (0 min 7 sec)

Worked OK after I put a 2204-T14 on it.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:43 AM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,214 Posts
I don't understand how the motor shaft is bending and breaking. When you "land" is it flipping end over end?

I guess that's what I like about the ones I build (and my mini slinger too). When the wings are swept back, the motor shaft isn't going to hit the ground.

I much prefer to launch mine with the frisbee toss method. Hold by a wing to one side of body and sweep across in a diagonal motion. The only wing I have with something on the belly is the GP mini slinger. I use it since it's there. I will say that my mini slinger has a small 180 brushed motor on it and with a 2S battery I have to give it a good toss to get airborn.

Here are some old videos of a couple of scratchbuilds.

48" KFm-4ward (3 min 57 sec)

24" KESL No2 (5 min 22 sec)
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy20 View Post
I'd have to download Windows Movie Maker and disclose too much personal info for my liking (that's why I don't do Facebook). So, I bought AnyVideoConverter Pro for 25.
You don't have to give them anything they don't already know. They are Microsoft - they know everything about you already. Use fake info if you want. Keep in mind that a lot of what you think is private, isn't. Giving up your name and address and email is nothing.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
I don't understand how the motor shaft is bending and breaking. When you "land" is it flipping end over end?
The RadJet has always (twice) 'landed' perfectly level - on it's belly with throttle off. First time bent the shaft, went directly home to straighten it and second time out - the shaft just broke off. Prop was intact each time.

I notice you're landing your DIY jobs on long-ish grass. That must help a lot...?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:08 PM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,016 Posts
Fly, you do have a prop-saver fitted right ?
That's a device you slide onto shaft then the prop locates on the shoulder and an 'O' ring snaps over the prop and onto the two screws which nip the prop-saver onto the shaft.
Sorry to sound... basic, but I don't see how you can bend or snap the shaft unless you have a really awkward and hard landing. Noted your vid, from the cloud around it looks like good-ole Blighty Maybe update your profile so we get a clue where in the world you are
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWData View Post
Fly, you do have a prop-saver fitted right ?
I do now that I've got my trusty ol' ex-Decathalon DST 1200Kv fitted. I've bought bag-loads of 'em since I started, but with the prop reversed, only one fits my props. It's really maddening..I'm just waiting for good weather to try it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWData View Post
.. Noted your vid, from the cloud around it looks like good-ole Blighty Maybe update your profile so we get a clue where in the world you are
Sorry yeah, shoulda done that already..
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:45 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy20 View Post
I notice you're landing your DIY jobs on long-ish grass. That must help a lot...?
I like grass because it keeps them from sliding. My mini slinger has a slick, flat bottom and it will slide a ways on short grass and pavement. The diy ones get roughed up when they land on pavement or rough ground. That's a hayfield behind my house there and the grass is short only for a month or so after the hay gets cut and that only happens 2 times each year. Sometimes it's waist high but I still fly in it since I don't have to leave home to do so.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
You don't have to give them anything they don't already know. They are Microsoft - they know everything about you already...
As it happens I didn't need to fork out 25 after all. YouTube doesn't seem to mind the format.. ..Bu**er, I could have bought something useful with that!