HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:10 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Discussion
Install Pitot tube

I need to install the pitot tube of my airspeed sensor 3, I saw the specs on the manual but I need some further clarification.
1. you must install the pitot tube on the wings or you can install on the fuselage as long as it is free to get air before?
2. the silicone tubing must have a specific length? (Of course, both of the same size)
Thank you
Gory
goryc is online now Find More Posts by goryc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:44 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,185 Posts
This Sensor?

If so I don't see anything about specific tubing length.

Location depends on where any motors are. My Twin Otter has it in the nose cone. My single engine planes have it on the wing, far enough outboard to be clear of any propwash.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:00 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
This Sensor?

If so I don't see anything about specific tubing length.

Location depends on where any motors are. My Twin Otter has it in the nose cone. My single engine planes have it on the wing, far enough outboard to be clear of any propwash.
Yes, the sensor is this. As for the engine I have no problems, now I understand! The sensor (Pitot tube) is mounted on a FPVRaptor that has the rear propeller thrust. Thank you, now everything is clear to me, except that if you must use a specific length of silicone tubing!
Thank you.
Gory
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:01 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,185 Posts
Since the manual says to mount the sensor anywhere in the airplane I would say use whatever length you require, up to whatever is included in the package.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:33 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Since the manual says to mount the sensor anywhere in the airplane I would say use whatever length you require, up to whatever is included in the package.
Thank you.
I installed the pipe and the Airspeed microsensor according to the specifications but I have a feeling that does not work well!
I tried to blow, from about 50cm, with a hair dryer cold air and he measured on the scale ladder 20 km / h (very oscillated) and when I turned off the hair dryer, the OSD has been the max bed. I knew that the maximum value is read on the microsensor but I do not think that should also appear on the screen! Or wrong?
There are problems with the various releases of the firmware? I use the 10.43.
Thank you.
Gory
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:49 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
Thank you.
I installed the pipe and the Airspeed microsensor according to the specifications but I have a feeling that does not work well!
I tried to blow, from about 50cm, with a hair dryer cold air and he measured on the scale ladder 20 km / h (very oscillated) and when I turned off the hair dryer, the OSD has been the max bed. I knew that the maximum value is read on the microsensor but I do not think that should also appear on the screen! Or wrong?
There are problems with the various releases of the firmware? I use the 10.43.
Thank you.
Gory
I solved it!
I swapped the position of the two tubes. Now it works perfectly!
I have to just try it in real life. Unfortunately I have to wait a long time before taking flight in my model! The weather is very bad for the next 10-15 days!
Thank you
Gory