HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:00 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Discussion
SCT GUYZ, 4WD or 2WD ???

Looking at a Losi TEN SCTE or an Associated SC10 for racing & bashing.

Q: I know that the 2wd will be busy at the rear, could this be hard on other drivers & me also being sideways next to other trucks that are 4wd and not sliding? Considered also that the 4wd are more expensive to purchase and maintain also you think?

Thanks in advance for your expert answers.

Doug
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:47 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,842 Posts
SCT classes are famous for being like a smash up derby, so you won't be the only one making contact with another truck.

No track races 2wd with 4wd unless they have a really small number of people show up and have no choice but to combine them or cancel both.

4wd trucks are basically driven by aiming at the next corner and flooring them, 2wd takes more finesse.

Personally I like 2wd because it's more fun to drive.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:32 AM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Good stuff, thanks wparsons. You the local track both indoor & outdoor runs them together. But it seems like you stated, 2wd is slide-ways & 4wd is all about point & shoot. And I agree too that 2 wd would be more fun and easier (for me) to tweek. The RC cars have always been very rear end happy, and so the mandation of sperading the power to the front. One car that I have has taken many years to finally not spin out, and now slides nicely through the corner, a real drifter. But I realize that todays cars/trucks have substaintial improved ability to counter act bad handling.

Nothing like setting up "outlaw" style your car on the high line and blazing around a left turn w/ steering locked to the right, love to throw that rear end around. Maybe like all my old girlfriends, that is another story altogether.... he he.

Thanks for the reply.
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E