HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Discussion
On the road in Southwest, need Gemfan prop...

Hi all,

Longshot request but here goes... I'm currently on an epic road trip, and currently heading towards San Diego from New Orleans over the next week. I have a witespy quad with me and I'm in need of a couple Gemfan carbon filled props. Being on the road is making it difficult to have parts shipped to me, so I'm hoping to find someone who carries those props along the way. All the hobby shops I've called don't carry Gemfans, and rarely even have any pairs of CCW and CW props in stock in the size that I need. Anyone happen to know of any places that may carry Gemfans somewhere along i-10 in TX (ie Houston, San Antonio), or in AZ? At the very least I might be able to get them from GotHeliRC in Chandler, AZ, but I'm hoping to find something sooner. Like I said, its a long shot, but maybe some other multirotor enthusiasts on here can give me some suggestions! Thanks in advance.
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:46 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
sounds crazy.

I hope someone can help . If anyone is on the path. I can ship them the props. (and some extra for help ) or I can ship them to Ups place. and you can pick them up I think
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Thanks Paul! Can I call you tonight (or tomorrow morning?). I didn't want to bother you after 5PM today, or on the weekend. I wasn't sure if you work Saturdays, but if would be willing to ship them tomorrow ASAP via Priority Mail instead of 1st Class, it can work . The website doesn't give me the option, otherwise I would have ordered already. I can give you the address of a campground on my route, but I need to make sure of the timing of the package, which is why I need Priority Mail.

USPS still hasn't delivered a package of blades from you that you sent on Monday to the campground I was staying at in New Orleans, and I had to get back on the road. I'll just have those blades forwarded to me later, but I'd love it if you could send me another set tomorrow via Priority mail so I can time the delivery and get the witespy back in the air to document this rv road trip I'm on..... Thanks!
Last edited by dartmouth01; Dec 08, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:19 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
yes. no problem here. you can call anytime. most nights I am up to 4am working on quads. and I will answer If I am here. your not going to bother anyone.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:14 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,437 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip...when you make it to san diego....there are bunch of us who fly quads and what not...you are more than welcome to come fly with us....you can pm me and i can let you know if e will be flying while you are in town....
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Just talked to Paul (AKA witespy) and ordered the blades to have shipped to Junction TX, where I'll be passing through in a few days. I've been on the road for over 4 months now, logging around 15k miles so far in 38 states, and Paul's the #1 reason I've been able to get up in the air with a multirotor with little experience, and with no permanent address! I have recommended him to at least a couple dozen people in probably as many states who have seen the quad and asked where they can get one. You da man, Paul!

SDSURFnGLIDE, I'll PM you now. I would love to come hook up with you guys, I should be in the area by middle to end of next week, all depends on how interesting we (my fiance and I, and dog and cat) find Arizona. We are considering settling down in SD after this trip, so we are hoping to spend a week, checking things out.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:05 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
props in the mail
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:26 AM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Thanks so much! Just to confirm, a pair of 8", 9", and 10" carbon filled Gemfans, sent via Priority Mail? Could you email or PM me the tracking number that is on the label as well? You rock!

And just in case anyone is wondering, I've got aerial video and FPV equipment on the witespy now, and the basic Gemfan props are not up to the task, they're just too flimsy for all that extra weight. And I've got the video setup dialed in to the point that now I'm looking to test between the different prop sizes. I had a brain fart and originally only ordered a pair of each size, forgetting that I needed two pairs.