HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:29 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Hey its 2013 and trying to get off my lazy arse and get some motivation going. I was able to update the big bore shock treatment just as you wrote it Chris. Thanks. http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/303/...-vmx450-mm450/

While Im here, Chris, do you mind if I put up your steps for the front brake?
Not at all John. The more places people can find help the better.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:31 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I found a nice stiff spring for the Ofna Big Bore i am using.The associated springs fit perfect.I was using the orange,but it was still too soft.Now i have this Bronze spring,78mm long with a rate of 5.9. part # asc89341
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXVKJ8&P=K

I also have the silver 89mm 5.10 rate part # asc89340
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:38 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
I found a nice stiff spring for the Ofna Big Bore i am using.The associated springs fit perfect.I was using the orange,but it was still too soft.Now i have this Bronze spring,78mm long with a rate of 5.9. part # asc89341
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXVKJ8&P=K

I also have the silver 89mm 5.10 rate part # asc89340
Guru, have you tried the std spring with your shock? I find the spring works just perfectly once the shock is set up correctly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:20 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Yeah i tried that spring Chris.I found it to be too short,and too soft.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:42 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Yeah i tried that spring Chris.I found it to be too short,and too soft.
Fair enough.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
Service and parts support

In my 25 years of buying radio control vehicles one of the first things I consider is the parts and service support. If you do not have these two things you have a shelf model very quickly! When I first bought my Atomik MM450 I was concerned having never done business with the company before. However, I did have a couple of issues with my bike. The e-gyro was extremely out of balance and my radio system failed. These two things are very understandable and getting every single bike perfect from the factory is impossible especially for a rtr price of under $500. So I contacted Jason Konaval at Atomik , and sent him a video of the failures. He was prompt to reply and promised to send replacements asap! He was very friendly and asked for my address and said "We have got your back!" One day later I received a confirmation email showing the shipment of a new transmitter/receiver and a new flywheel! Now that's service guys! At least we can rest assured they do have our back and will support this great bike! I'm extremely happy with mine and will be even happier when I get my Husaberg graphics finished on the new teambluegroove ktm inspired body! :-). Check them out on eBay they are quality products from Canada! -Wise
Flysullivan is offline Find More Posts by Flysullivan
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:45 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
That's great to know.

The e-gyro of my bike does produce vibrations but the real question is: How much is ok? Can we have a way to tell if they are way too much?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
That's great to know.

The e-gyro of my bike does produce vibrations but the real question is: How much is ok? Can we have a way to tell if they are way too much?

David
David, some vibration is normal. If the whole bike starts making noise from vibration that's excessive. I saw Wises flywheel and heard his gyro and I haven't see or heard anything that came close to that bad. TJ had one that wasn't great but still nothing like the one Wise had.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysullivan View Post
In my 25 years of buying radio control vehicles one of the first things I consider is the parts and service support. If you do not have these two things you have a shelf model very quickly! When I first bought my Atomik MM450 I was concerned having never done business with the company before. However, I did have a couple of issues with my bike. The e-gyro was extremely out of balance and my radio system failed. These two things are very understandable and getting every single bike perfect from the factory is impossible especially for a rtr price of under $500. So I contacted Jason Konaval at Atomik , and sent him a video of the failures. He was prompt to reply and promised to send replacements asap! He was very friendly and asked for my address and said "We have got your back!" One day later I received a confirmation email showing the shipment of a new transmitter/receiver and a new flywheel! Now that's service guys! At least we can rest assured they do have our back and will support this great bike! I'm extremely happy with mine and will be even happier when I get my Husaberg graphics finished on the new teambluegroove ktm inspired body! :-). Check them out on eBay they are quality products from Canada! -Wise
That's great to hear Wise.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:48 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Is there a Venom customer rep active in the forums?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Is there a Venom customer rep active in the forums?

David
Very occasionally David.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
Credit

I just like to give credit where credit is due. :-)
Flysullivan is offline Find More Posts by Flysullivan
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:39 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Very occasionally David.
Has Chris moved on then I thought he would still be active on the forum as it really is his baby.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:44 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Has Chris moved on then I thought he would still be active on the forum as it really is his baby.
Chris is still active on the forum and this bike is very much his baby however he no longer works for venom/Atomik unfortunately for us.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:22 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
yep just had a search and it looks to me venom didn't give the VMX the development support Chris knew it deserved all these people racing cars and trucks really don't know what they are missing.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b